ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Carbing shock tower brace and a "Performance Rod front" at the weekend :D
I'd never seen the front brace before and it was actually sold to me as a rear/PFF/diff brace, but it was soon apparent that it didn't go on the back of the car, so we looked at it and the guy reckoned it must be from the front :)

I looked it up in HyperRev and like any good JDM part, it was there :D

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Nice find. The shock tower/firewall triangle brace is a nice unit. Mazdaspeed make a nearly identical looking brace and I've often wondered if Carbing didn't make it for them. IIRC, Carbing also make a shock tower brace without a cross bar for JRSC equipped cars that looks identical to the Cobalt bar from Moss. The lower brace ties together the front lower control arms (aka lower subrame brace) and triangulates it with the gearbox.

·
3,542 Posts
Good find! Please give us a report of how the car responds when you install them! ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is some damage to the lower brace where obviously the previous car had grounded :(
I think I'll have to be a fairly careful, my Roadster is definitely at the lower end of stock.

I've got some Mazdaspeed engine mounts on order too, so it'll be interesting to see the effect of all of the bits :D

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Nice find. The shock tower/firewall triangle brace is a nice unit. Mazdaspeed make a nearly identical looking brace and I've often wondered if Carbing didn't make it for them. IIRC, Carbing also make a shock tower brace without a cross bar for JRSC equipped cars that looks identical to the Cobalt bar from Moss. The lower brace ties together the front lower control arms (aka lower subrame brace) and triangulates it with the gearbox.
Carbing made the same bar, with minor changes, under their own brand, Mazdaspeed and RS Aizawa. Mazdaspeed I think never actually made anything. Their shocks were all KYB, springs were Eibach, intakes ARC, wheels by Volk/Rays Engineering, etc.

My Carbing bar

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Right, I forgot about the RS Aizawa bar. I think all the Carbing branded bars were silver, Mazdaspeed bars have the badge sometimes stamped with a serial # sometimes not, and the RS Aizawa ones are copper/bronze/gold color like the one in the red car.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have an Autoexe Triangle Brace. It looks exactly the same except the firewall mount is upside down.

I believe Okuyama and Carbing are the same company. Mazdaspeed, okuyama, carbing and Autoexe all make the exact same brace, except some have holes on the shock braces and the third mount is upside down.

It made a tremendous difference in handling. Quicker response and gave me a lot more confidence going into corners.

·
1,213 Posts
http://corksport.com/store/category/4v98/99m-suspension_misc.html

Anyone want to purchase an Autoexe 4 point tower and write us a review about it ? :)
You would have to lose the windshield motor or relocate it though.
they'll be lucky ... I tried to buy some parts from you and sent you a couple of emails. recieved lots of automated responses saying that someone would be in contact but never were !!!

... maybe you system had some gremlins ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts