ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From the announcement at R2-Limited.com:

I am really excited about this one. We will soon (as in next week) be offering a variety of Mazda branded center cap badges that fit XXR center caps. No longer will you have to run XXR logos in the middle of your 002, 527 and 501's. Pics of the prototypes are shown here. The design of these prototypes can best be described as “QUICK ‘N’ DURTY!”. No time was spent making the graphics pretty. These were simply made from scrap to test layered vinyl and the epoxy process. As you can see, it looks great.

Some tricks we have in store:

• AWESOME designs. Some custom, some reproductions of popular designs.
• METALLIC vinyl. Yes…we will have chrome metallic vinyl featured in many designs.
• High quality epoxy resin. This is jeweler’s grade stuff. Won’t yellow or fog.
• Hand-crafted per order. That’s right. We’re not just hastily cranking out a batch of these to take advantage of the early adopters. These will be custom made by hand per order.
• ANY COLOR COMBINATION! You’ll be able to order any color combination at no extra charge – as long as we have the vinyl in stock.
• Custom designs! Since these are one-off, hand made pieces you will be able to work with me to create any custom design you want. (Depending on how complex it is, there may be a slight extra charge.)

This isn’t limited to XXR center caps. We’ll do custom emblems for any center cap. The only requirement is that the center cap have a clean, flat mounting surface for these to stick to. If you want these done for any other center cap than what’s pictured, you’ll need to send one cap in so that we can make sure we make your badges perfect. If you send us all four we’ll even fit them for you.

Note: XXR has several center cap styles. The caps we used for prototyping are from the 002, 527 and 501. If your cap looks different, contact us for a custom fit. Stay tuned for pricing and timing!

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there's enough interest I'll consider doing a group buy to kick this product off. That will help keep the initial price as low as possible. Once I announce the initial batch of available designs and colors, I'll make arrangements.

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are these things going to be around for good, or just a limited thing?
They'll be available as long as I feel like making them :) That is to say...I don't plan on doing just a limited production run. I'll make them as long as people want to trade money for them.

That said, if I do an introductory group buy, the price will probably be higher after the group buy is over.

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. I lied. I already have 12 designs. Most of them are just logos placed in the circle. Like the "Roadster" script or "M Edition" logo.

One of them (so far) is a badass custom 3-color deal that I'm stoked to make on Monday.

·
Cr.net is addicting
2,081 Posts
If i send you a center cap could you replicate the logo on it . I'm trying to have my center caps powder coated and tat would mean losing the logo .

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE

I just ordered a center cap that will fit XXR Models 001, 006, 009, 039, 502, 503, 786, 920, 925, 939, 941. Once I have it in-hand I'm hoping to be able to supply badges for those wheels in addition to the current 002, 501, 527 models that my prototypes were designed for.

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
Are we talking custom parts pricing, or XXR pricing?

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are we talking custom parts pricing, or XXR pricing?
Not quite sure what you are asking. These are hand made custom parts. I won't be including the center caps themselves. Just the badges. So I don't know how you can compare pricing to XXR retail cost.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ahh this is so awesome!! I have rotas and really don't want to run the center caps. Can't remember if they're flat or not. If anyone knows please chime in, because I'd love to have centercaps that say Mazdaspeed ^_^

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
I'm asking if they're going to be priced in a way that would allow XXR buyers to afford them.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts