ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased some Dunlop DIREZZA SPORT Z1 star spec 215 40 17 tires. They have a 200 tread wear. I took pictures.

Here are some pictures of the Dunlop DIREZZA SPORT Z1 star spec 215/40/17 tires beside my previous goodyear eagle f1 gs d3 205/40/17 tires

Here they are on the car

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
they are seriously awesome tires, I have them in that size on my car. They run big (wide) too, I put them next to my roommate's car with 215/45-17 RT-615s and they looked like 225s.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hows the grip?
I have not driven on them much but my 0 to 60 times are better because the tires do not spin they grip the road. The tires are real soft. It is easy to stick your thumb nail into the rubber. They have 200 tread wear.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It says Direzza like 5,640 times on the tires and on the stickers, yet you spelled it "Driezza" every single time in the post.

Sorry, just bugs me.

I want these tires in 195/60R14.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
^ lol.

How much were they? And from where?

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Star Specs are pretty much the stickiest street tire you can buy. Feel almost as good as the Toyo RA-1 (which is a DOT-R tire). And they are also good in the rain. Good choice!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: new Dunlop DIREZZA SPORT Z1 star spec 215 40 17

It says Direzza like 5,640 times on the tires and on the stickers, yet you spelled it "Driezza" every single time in the post.

Sorry, just bugs me.

I want these tires in 195/60R14.
Fixed

·
Registered
142 Posts
You the man.

Stickiest street tire you can buy seems to be the Kumho Ecsta XS. Doesn't come in 215/40R17, though.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
You the man.

Stickiest street tire you can buy seems to be the Kumho Ecsta XS. Doesn't come in 215/40R17, though.
yup, hence I got the star specs as well. I had a distrust with Dunlop ever since driving in the rain on the stock tires that came with my old car (Protege5). I vowed never again but then when I realized how crappy the tire selection is on the wagon wheels Mazda slapped on the MSM, I didn't have much of a choice.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You the man.

You're probably refering to the GRM test. But it wasn't quite apples to apples. They tested the 195/55/15 Z1 vs. the 205/50/15 XS. I'd say in the same tire size and tread with, it would probably be a wash. There both great tires. FYI - I currently have 205 XS in front and 195 Z1 in rear. :D

yup, hence I got the star specs as well. I had a distrust with Dunlop ever since driving in the rain on the stock tires that came with my old car (Protege5). I vowed never again but then when I realized how crappy the tire selection is on the wagon wheels Mazda slapped on the MSM, I didn't have much of a choice.
You'll like the Star Spec in the cold and in the rain much better than the Kumho XS.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 205/40/17 treadwear 280 tires were great tires but the Dunlop DIREZZA SPORT Z1 star spec tires 215/40/17 treadwear 200 hold turns noticeably better & my 0 to 60 times have improved a lot.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have not driven in the rain yet with the Dunlop tires & I try not to drive in the rain much with my Mazdaspeed mx5. Ill keep the thread informed on how the tires preform over time.

The Goodyears were great in the rain when I had to drive in rain.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Update

I took a drive with a local car club on curvy mountain roads with my new tires. They make the car feel much more stable or well planted. I feel as though I was able to go through turns much quicker & more confidently. They are better than the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 205/40/17 treadwear 280 tires that were on my car before. We went down 178 quick. By far best tire I have had on my car. They fit in the wheel well very good also. I was worried before I put them on that because they were taller & wider that they might scrub the wheel well in the deep diving sharp curves but they do not. I threw the car into many deep diving sharp curves & no scrubbing or anything like that no worries. Im so glad I got these tires.

·
woah
6,858 Posts
kinda unfair since they used the AD07's instead of the AD08 neovas but good comparison.

star specs did really well... idk about the r1rs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts