ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up an old silver edfc for 160usd shipped to my door. just wondering if anyone actually has changed to the black version? I the black version is just a black unit with smaller motors, am i correct? i think i got a decent price for a brand new edfc, what do you guys think? btw i'm running teins

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
the edfc only works with teins right? So isn't it redundant to say you're running teins?

160 is a great price, imho.

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yeah, only difference in the EDFC control unit really is the color...went from silver to black. The new EDFC motors are smaller, and claimed to be more powerful. Also, the black rubber boots on the new ones don't just stop at the edge of motor, they wrap almost all the way around and are now a complete pain-in-the-ass to pull over the motors.

And oh, be careful when screwing the motors down, I broke one a few weeks ago, although I think it might have been a casting flaw that caused a weak spot.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the edfc off ebay, the guy had a brand new set but it didn't fit his car so i just picked it up.

I was just wondering about the differences other then the color and the smaller motor..... guess it's just a small change =) neverless i'm happy i got it for that price

·
Registered
459 Posts
question, sorrry for the thread jack.

is it by chance that the edfc is only a screw driver attached to a motor? if so, what other suspension in the market may be compatible (16way, 32way, etc...) to be used with the edfc?

i'm sure there isn't such a huge complexity behind damper adjustment screws, so given other nice suspension companies: r magic, sachs, tanabe, silk road, and endless jdm companies. would it be to hard to modify edfc into a different one? my only reason for my curiosity is due to how expensive teins are for what they offer. yet for a few vehicle applications, they don't increase on the shaft diameter while other companies do if the vehicle is more likely on the heavier side or the nature of the suspension pkg. (i.e. tein race, tein track suspension pkg.)

what are your guys opinions?

·
Registered
514 Posts
i got the edfc off ebay, the guy had a brand new set but it didn't fit his car so i just picked it up.

I was just wondering about the differences other then the color and the smaller motor..... guess it's just a small change =) neverless i'm happy i got it for that price
Sheesh.. i guess you didnt click the link...

-Jeremy

·
Registered
514 Posts
My apologies if i came off a bit short, that was kinda inappropriate.

-Jeremy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts