ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up a Miata after selling my wife's 2000 Ford Explorer. I had an '08 HHR SS which was traded in for a minivan after my daughter was born and been having the itch to drive stick again ever since. After spending countless hours looking at VW Jetta's, Golf's, Passats and the occasional Miata, my friend messaged me out of the blue asking if I wanted to buy his car.

So I bought it for $3k. The car has a 1.6L rebuilt with only 1,000 miles on it done by Eddie @ AR Auto Service / Adrenalin Racing, new ACT clutch, lightened flywheel, new Koni shocks on stock springs, welded-in rollbar done by Russ @ Racetech in OR, larger radiator from an automatic and an auxiliary oil cooler. It was the project car for the now dead Forever MX-5 magazine.

I will definitely be taking it to the track this summer.

The car needs a paint job, which I will do this summer. It will be painted factory white again.

For now it looks like a beater.

He even got it signed by Tom Matano

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats. Sound like me working on VWs all the time..here's how my morning started when a Tdi turbo let oil into the EGR. Reved way past redline with my foot off the gas and no key in the ignition....till it finally siezed
Ouch. And thats why I only own a "German Engineered" VW Routan built and 95% designed by Chrysler with a post-Fiat motor :D.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Haha I thought that car looked familiar. I remember it sitting behind AR collecting leaves, dirt and critters for what seemed like years lol You should have seen the old block that was in it. It had a baseball sized hole on the side of the crank case :eek:

Glad to see it running again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha I thought that car looked familiar. I remember it sitting behind AR collecting leaves, dirt and critters for what seemed like years lol You should have seen the old block that was in it. It had a baseball sized hole on the side of the crank case :eek:

Glad to see it running again.
Yea, they blew the motor during a track day when it was still boosted. It was supposed to be returned to stock and eventually built up again but the magazine got killed, so I'm going to do my best to get it clean.

Just going to have it painted back to the factory white, lower it a tad, paint the roll bar, new soft top, little stereo, new carpet, front and rear lips and eventually a little boost.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. Make a build thread so we can follow your progress :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts