ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I've been lurking for some time on this forum mainly because of my interest in IRTBs and Megasquirt. I have a '96 base model that is partially prepared for autocross use in CSP class. Last winter I rebuilt a 2000 engine to help my power to weight ratio and for the educational aspects, too. So, it's basically a stock engine/head with .5mm oversize pistons. I run a SDS engine management computer that controls fuel and spark. This combo helped me reach 142 rwhp, so the car is fairly peppy for a mostly stock setup. I'd love to go to IRTBs, but that will have to wait until I win the lottery, or my ship comes in, or something like that. Anyway, HELLO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
I'd love to go to IRTBs, but that will have to wait until I win the lottery, or my ship comes in, or something like that.
I didnt think that ITB's were any more expensive then going with a supercharger or turbo, right?

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Greddy kit will set you back around $1200-1500 depending where you shop of course, super chargers set you back ~$2000, and IRTBs (the bare minimum with the subcon computer will cost you ~$1700.

They're all roughly the same price. But some SC kits you can pass smog --same with the greddy kit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Welcome, Tex! :D :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
LOL! If there were hot AZNs there, I'm sure Tex was there. :wink:

Tex Miata, we can go together next time it's in town. :lol:

Welcome to the board and stop modding your car, it's really turning into a mean CSP car! I was considering doing IRTBs and a Megasquirt over the winter, but I'm leaning towards just getting the Megasquirt running by itself now. I've got too much stuff to buy this off season already.

It would be good to have another local guy working on the same project.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't know a hot AZN if I tripped over one. As for you, Thomas, YOU stop modding YOUR car first! I need the mods to try to keep up with you! Speaking of mods, I'm putting Koni Race on the front end with 700/375 springs during the off-season. Hope it dosen't take me another full season to dial in the new setup :oops:

·
Registered
369 Posts
:mrgreen:

I'm interested to see how the 700/375 goes. So I'm assuming your running OTS Konis all the way around right now. What spring rates?

Are you going to this b/c your car is too tail happy. I know we have a lot of long and fast courses out here in TX. I'm really happy with the 509/330 that I have with my TEIN Flex. BTW, I'm not running a rear bar, but I wish I had it at the last event I went to at Pennington.

Have you tried running without a rear sway to help put down those extra ponies you've got under the hood.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I'm running 550/300 with AGX and either stock bar on asphalt or 5/8" bar on concrete (on the rear). It's very well balanced with the current setup, but I know that the AGX can't handle the 550 up front properly. So I'll go to the Koni Race on the front and keep the AGX on the rear where it should be able to handle the 375 springs. I still figure on using rear sways, I just don't know which will be required with the new springs. I'm guessing I'll be using the larger bar more. Wish I could have gotten Koni Race for the rear, but my money tree died recently :wink:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh, I didn't realize you were on AGXs. I'm impressed that they've held up to the 550 springs.

You should drive my car on TEINs some time I've been really impressed with them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts