ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys brand new to the site and just wanted to share a picture of my '92 Miata. She runs just fine, just rattles when I first start her up. I'm hoping to invest a lot of money into her during the next couple of years. I'm 18 and I love cars so I'm thinking about it as my first fix-it-up car. Starting with a paint job, which leads me to my first question. How much would it be to paint her a semi-gloss black?

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
Hello - welcome! You ask about "how much" to paint the car. Yourself using rattlecans? Professional?

The previous owner of my '90 did all the sanding and prep work and taping himself and drove it to an Earl Scheib. I think it was 6-7 years ago, he paid $400 for the job. But it's an Earl Scheib job. I have a little peeling on the leading edge of the hood and a couple of tiny "cracks" on the trunk. For a $4K car it's a fine paint job. Hope this info helps.

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just looking to have it done at a shop. Some places were charging $1100 to do everything, so I was just wondering if that's too steep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts