ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my car back from the shop with a little make over with a new bomex bumper, cf hood, cf headlight buckets from aac, removed the fugly Z3 vents, and chopped the GV style rear bumper and raised it up a couple of inches. JDM side winkers, and fog lights still need to be installed. It's still not done yet, just a work in progress. Well here are some pix, let me know wat u think...haters welcome.

M

·
0 Posts
No hate here, only love from a '95 black/black/black owner.

As we say in SOCAL, "That's the SPAM!"

Please post more detailed pics of the rear treatment. Did you raise the rear to obviate the need for a diffuser?

What wheels are those?

How did the AAC buckets fit for you?

How hard was the install? Any pointers?

Which lamps did you go with?

What did the whole AAC mod cost you?

What CF hood is that?

~Bill

·
Mufasa in Training
31,072 Posts
You're off to a good start. Getting rid of things like the Z3 vents really helps (unless the vents were actually functional).

Just "finish" things up (for example, get the side markers in)...it looks great :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh now that is sweet! Not a fan of the fixed lights usually but they really suit yours! LOVE the front bumper too! (might be due to me having one too heheh)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the kind words ppls =P
No hate here, only love from a '95 black/black/black owner.

As we say in SOCAL, "That's the SPAM!"

Please post more detailed pics of the rear treatment. Did you raise the rear to obviate the need for a diffuser?

The rear bumper I raised because I always thought it was a bit too low,and it looked like the ass was sagging. I could have gone with the stock bumper, but I wanted something different, so I chopped it. It does look better this way, and I was able to lower the rear more. I do plan to fill out the bumper with a rear valance of some type, or maybe a diffuser.

What wheels are those?

Chap's from R-speed, but planning to get new summer shoes for next spring, maybe something with a lower offset. Got new bronze Rota c8's for winter tho :mrgreen:

How did the AAC buckets fit for you?

the fit isn't great, but I rushed on the install. I just wanted them in asap. I will need to go back and adjust everything to fit right. The aluminum bracket needs to be raised a bit with some spacers so I can get the lights adjusted better.

How hard was the install? Any pointers?

The install was pretty straight forward. It took me a total of about 4 hrs. I dunno if thats good or bad, haha. One thing I found easier for me was instead of threading the bolt thru the horizontal mounting point, I thread it thru the metal headlight bracket instead. It was easier to install the metal headlight bracket, and the buckets together as one, instead of trying to jamm the cf buckets onto the bracket while its already mounted onto the car.

Which lamps did you go with?
hella 90mm
What did the whole AAC mod cost you?
I bought the complete kit with the gb discount. paid under $500

What CF hood is that?
bought it from DeftRacing.com
It was pretty cheap, and not the best quality. Lets he how they hold up. I will be needing some hood pins to hold down the outer edge right behind the lights. It's pretty flimsy, but looks great with the cf headlight buckets.

~Bill
Anyways, I want to do something with the front turn signals. I want to black out the inner stock housing, do a DIY TSI, then wait for AAC to come out with their cf tsi. I'll do all three, and see which looks best.

Well here are some shots from the rear

I need a diffuser of some sort down there! Don't mind the huge dual exhaust, I know it just added weight :p

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Anyways, I want to do something with the front turn signals. I want to black out the inner stock housing, do a DIY TSI, then wait for AAC to come out with their cf tsi. I'll do all three, and see which looks best.
OOOH! AAC is thinkin about a CF tsi huh? very nice, hopefully they do something with a round signal, sorta like the zests. or something different than whats out there like maybe placing the light on the inside rather than the outside.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts