ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went down to the ford dealer last weekend and decided I wanted to take a new 2015 mustang GT for a test drive. The results were as expected. A 435hp IRS mustang with the 6 speed just feels right. Talked to the salesman and three days later my orange 6speed base GT showed up for me to pick up.
I just finished building my IRTB Miata after being down a year and this car has me feeling no excitement about the Miata anymore. I don't really know how to feel about it. Yes the Miata is light and nimble and feels great to throw around, but the mustang just seems to be infinitely more fun than the roadster has ever been.

·
Super Moderator
6,570 Posts
I drove the Ecoboost Mustang earlier this year. I really couldn't get past how big it felt to ever want to buy one. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guess it depends where you're from, and what you want to use your car for. A Mustang GT is a pretty beastly performance bargain, especially for straight line speed.

Don't forget to buy a Tapout shirt with your Mustang :D.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Take both to the track and see just how much more consumables would cost with the STANGGGG

Then you'll be glad to have a sweet ITB'd roadster.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The 2015 Mustang just seems like it's good all around. The redesign is very nice looking, for the first time in forever. 400+ HP for MSRP of $33,000. Yeah, that's not bad at all, looks like a great purchase.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
My best friend who i track with has a Mustang as his track car of choice and at Thunderhill which was our local track(I moved to Vegas), between his Mustang and my 1.6 Miata we ran similar lap times consistently. The main difference is that he goes through brake pads and tires ALOT faster than me.

While i can get about 8-9 track days on pads and tires last me all year, his mustang can only go 2 track days before needing new pads, and new tires every 4-5 trackdays.

And I've seen how much his pads and tires are and they are not cheap.

So from a track standpoint id say miata all the way, but the Mustang might be slightly more practical for daily driving.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is his a 2015? And yes I do understand that pads and tires on the mustang will be more costly, but like stated, this thing is awesome as a daily as well. The Miata is far from it.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I think part of it is that 'new car feeling'. No doubt 400+rwhp is fantastic and the sound of a v8 is intoxicating but it's not exactly a apples to apples comparison. I think Mustang's are pretty sweet cars, shoot i had a '01 Bullitt and if it had another 100rwp i probably couldn't have brought myself to get rid of it because it already had a fair amount of suspension work and handled great!

Being a newer chassis upgrades will be more costly but look forward to the mods. Hope you keep the irtb miata though. :icon_cheers:

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Is there any reason you're considering getting rid of the Miata other than current lack of interest in it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there any reason you're considering getting rid of the Miata other than current lack of interest in it?
Couple things. I spend a lot on modding the Miata and don't have the pocketbook for both. It has to stay on insurance even though I rarely drive it. Have to register it even though I rarely drive it. Also very limited on parking space where I'm currently living. I also just got in it to move it into the driveway after not driving it for a week and it just felt kind of blah.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Brand new car vs. 20 year old car, of course the Miata is going to feel "blah."

New car looks great though. Looks much more comfy for long cruises than the Miata.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I mean I didn't expect the Miata to be anywhere on par with the mustang, but I also didn't expect to lose complete interest In a car I just sank thousands of dollars into.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
It's like buying new shoes or a new watch. You either only wear the new one and the old pair you thought you'd never let go of goes to the back of the closet, or you only wear the old ones and just put the new pair up as a sort of display of what you think looks great, but doesn't really function the way you imagined.

·
Murse Magnet
7,743 Posts
It's like buying new shoes or a new watch. You either only wear the new one and the old pair you thought you'd never let go of goes to the back of the closet, or you only wear the old ones and just put the new pair up as a sort of display of what you think looks great, but doesn't really function the way you imagined.

Or you rotate.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts