ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured it was about time that I joined up over here. Been a member on Miata.net for a while, however a friend pointed me this direction.

Name is Kyle. I currently am driving a 99 Miata. Have had it almost a year now. Here is a pic from the day I got the car:

Haven't done a whole lot to the car since I got it. Been wanting to get rid of the horribly ugly wheels for a long time, however I keep blowing my wheel money on my other toy (Geo Metro, loooooooooooong story) [link to info on the Metro if you are interested: http://geometroforum.com/topic/4762804/1/ ]

List of things done to the car since stock:

Partial Bose-Ectomy. Using Hertz HSK165 6.5 inch Components running off of the Bose Amps (i'm aware of the ohm differences, they've worked fine for 8 months now). Kenwood Excelon HU.

Windows tinted: 30% on sides, 15% on back. Front license plate removed and GoodWin Racing grill installed (baby teeth also removed):

Here are the wheels i'm wanting to get for it, and also a few pics of the wheels photoshopped onto the car:

I also have Redline Goods shift boot and e-brake boot. I have a Voodoo knob to go along also:

And as of the other week I installed a $32 air intake from eBay. Used truck bed liner on it. I think it looks a good bit better than just aluminum. No power gain, however it sure does sound sexy!

Before intake Vid:

With new intake Vid:

Notice the sexyness.

That's pretty much where it sits right now. Would like to get an Ansa Silverline exhaust, V-Maxx coilover setup, and a good detailing in the near future.

Hope to hang around for a long while!

Sorry for the long intro...and the ghey wheels... (they are always for sale btw, lol)

Kyle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to CR and Roll Tide! :D Honestly have a feeling you're a War Eagle fan but I'll letcha slide.
Although I've grown up here (been here 15 years), i'm actually a die-hard University of Georgia fan.

So I get to take hate from both sides, and dish it back out!:phillyb:

Kyle

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome! I also am a geo fan! Love the 95+ Geo/Swift. Haven't come across a clean one build up for a reasonable price yet.

You might like this.... My Ford Festiva, stock 1.3, dsm vr4 turbo, 10psi, and will blow the doors of a gt mustang. So much fun and cheeaapp lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Howdy Kyle,

Love the pic under Vulcan... (why is it always raining under there? heh)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely digging the Festiva! I miss having the Metro boosted, even though it is faster now than it was. I just miss the BOV and compressor surge sounds... :(

I love going up to the Vulcan for pics! Thanks!

Kyle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts