ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for a bit now and figured I'd introduce myself.
My name is Toby and I just picked up a white '93 NA6 about a week ago. A little background on the car: 50k miles, it belonged to an old lady for the first 20 or so years of it's life who only drove a few months out of the year up in the Hamptons. The PO had it for about 2 years before I picked it up. He did a handful of mods including:

Tein coils
FM Little Big Brake Kit (4 pots all around)
14x7 RPF1's
Full interior swap, was originally white over tan
Some other minor things (doorcards, lips, etc)

It's a good starting point, I'm going to enjoy it as is for a while but we'll see where things go from here.
Next up I need to sort out a few little kinks in the car and get it registered and on the road.

As she sits at the moment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! SUPER low miles, that's awesome. It's almost a twin to my 1990 which only has a hardtop. Love me a white Miata. ;)

Welcome to ownership and to CR!

Thanks Chris! Took a while to find a clean one, but I think it payed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome! I saw this car on Craigslist for not too much money and it was a great deal. Whereabout on LI is the car currently? do you live in both hartford and LI?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! I saw this car on Craigslist for not too much money and it was a great deal. Whereabout on LI is the car currently? do you live in both hartford and LI?

I'm in CT for the most part, just haven't gotten the chance to get the car up there yet.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome to CR! I'm actually from NH. Picked my white 93 up about a year ago with 53k! Almost at 60k now and nothing but dreams so far!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm in CT for the most part, just haven't gotten the chance to get the car up there yet.
nice! Check out the nutmeg miata club. Joe is a great guy and helped me find my miata. I wish I could join but i've moved out of CT and had less time to even wrench around.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice! Check out the nutmeg miata club. Joe is a great guy and helped me find my miata. I wish I could join but i've moved out of CT and had less time to even wrench around.
I've seen some stuff here and there about it, will definitely look into it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, so I was messing around on here and stumbled on the PO's profile which led me to his build thread for the car: http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/15-newbie-meet-greet-sponsored-moss-miata/213065-na6-lurker-coming-forward.html#post5452370. Figured I would post it up here just to have it in the same place or if anyone wanted to check it out. Also, a quick shot of the car I took the other day. Forgot my polarizer but it's the only real shot I've taken of the car since I got it a few months ago. Everything's treating me well so far - I just ordered a little something which should be here soon. I'll post it up once it gets here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Okay, so I kinda suck at updating this. I realize it's not a build thread (sorry mods - please feel free to move) but as I stated before it's nice to have everything in one place.
That "little something" was a Hard Dog roll bar. Install was kind of a pain in the a** and probably took longer that it should have. I thought about getting the Hardcore version but ended up going for the Sport with double diagonals. I don't really plan on taking it on the track right now. I figured it's suitable for if I ever want to do autoX or anything else that doesn't require the thicker tubing, plus I can always add a harness bar later if I choose.
On another note, I guess you could say my logic is a bit flawed. I used my XJ Cherokee as a daily throughout the fall, and as of this week I put it in the garage and broke out the Miata for my commute... don't ask. Luckily it's been pretty warm up here hanging around the mid 40's. I'll probably put this away once they start dropping salt, the XJ could probably use new rockers soon anyway.

Next mod will probably be derlin door bushings - They're cheap and I've only heard good things.
Also, I keep going back and forth on clear side markers - so maybe those. The orange ones up front kinda piss me off lol. Anyone have them? Where's the best place to pick them up and how's the fit?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts