ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm kinda new here. I recently picked up a 90 miata and I already have high hopes for it. A buddy of mine recommended a jdm company called "Racing Gear", since they had good luck with one of their race cars. Granted it was a DC5 RSX, but they make a set of coilovers for the NA's. I dont know too much about their coilovers except they have 10 kg springs in the front and 8 kg springs in the rear.

Does anybody know/heard anything about this company?

I'm pretty much juggling between Racing Gear, Ohlins, or Aragosta coilovers for my car. So I'm trying to weigh all my options fairly.

Just wanted to also say its been great being apart of this community so far. Take care guys and thanks.

Paul

·
Registered
145 Posts
Of the 3 brands, I've only driven on Aragosta, which is terrific....tangibly a step above Teins.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Heard of Racing Gear, dont know a thing about them other than they are supposed to be a fairly hardcore race suspension . What are you planning on using them for? I have the Ohlins and am very happy with them. Exelent choice for a dual purpose setup. They have great feel, a good ride on softer settings and give an amazing amount of control and predictablity at the limit. Also keep in mind that the Ohlins are the only easily serviceable option unless you can get the Racing Gear stuff serviced through your buddy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Aragosta = Uber Expensivo = bada$$ suspension

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
all of those companies make high end stuff, as well as things that are ... well... on par with Teins.

As a shameless plug, I have a set of double adjustable KW's that are identical to what is on my car but new in the box that are for sale in the FS section...

matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts