ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not so new, but I think my first post here. 2004 Blk LS 6sp that I'm dreaming of adding a turbo to. Off to Costco to get some new Bridgestone re760s on it right now.

Anyone who knows much about good clubs and or mechanics out here in the Pacific Northwest drop me a line.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey what up I'm in Tacoma, WA but there are alot of great clubs and shops in your area. I'd get in touch with stormin'norman on the board he seems to be tapped into anything PNW but especially the OR area. Welcome to the Miata club.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First drive I ever made in my car was to family in Tacoma. It was a blast, though a bit scary in the pouring rain on bad tires that were on there when I bought it. Almost got into a spectacular wreck when I had to change lanes fast when I saw a aluminum ladder in the middle of my lane that must have dropped from some idiot's truck.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Welcome from another Portlander.

Best place to go for Miatas in the area hands down is AR Auto Service in Lake Oswego. Eddie will take care of you. Typically have 3 or more Miatas in at any given time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey there Stormin'. Eddie inspected my car when I bought it. He's pretty pricey though. I kinda blanched when I saw his quote for me on installing new shocks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
also welcome from a relocated hawaiian :p
if you need any help or just want to chill send me a pm and ill reply with my number.

one thing to do now that you are here is check out the Lazarus project!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Hey there Stormin'. Eddie inspected my car when I bought it. He's pretty pricey though. I kinda blanched when I saw his quote for me on installing new shocks.
Does not surprise me. You're paying for the best.

Anyways if you need help with installs just hit me up. Although I don't have a spring compressor everything else is very do able with patience and some basic tools.

·
Registered
531 Posts
were you in downtown portlan last night around 6 - 6:30? i saw a black nb with a dark grey racing stripe... wondering if that was you? hahaha

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Welcome from a temporarily relocated PDX-er. Once I found out about AR, I've never considered another shop. Yes he's a tad pricey, but like Stormin said, he has all the expertise in the world when it comes to cars. I know his quality is top notch and never expect a half ass job.

I had him install my roll bar, while I'm out of country and didn't even think twice about him cutting corners. He told me exactly what he did to make it work, which is pretty cool. The extra $$$ is worth the quality of work that they do on a daily basis. It's hard to find a shop that makes sure they do it right the first time every time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts