ClubRoadster.net banner

New hardtop not keeping water out?

695 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr. Shine 
#1 ·
So I bought my Miata about a little over a month or so ago and then two weeks later found a great deal on a hardtop. He had it on is NA and I have it on my NB now.

I went to wash my car for the first time and I noticed water on the side of my drivers window. Looks as though the window and the top seal aren't meeting all the way.

Anyone else have such a problem?

#2 ·
If you were aiming the stream of water at the window itself, some of the water could well have seeped passed the seal. I had my car washed with the hardtop on, and when they did the windows with the power washer, the occasional drops of water would come through.

They're pretty big, soft seals on the hardtop. I'd imagine your's doesn't let water in like that during rain storms?

#4 ·
Yea the top latches don't really "latch". When I close it, it seems as though it doesn't latch onto anything. My striker plates just came in today but the sun is out now in California so I took the hard top off haha. I'll see if the striker plates help anything whenever I put the hard top back on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.