ClubRoadster.net banner

781 - 800 of 817 Posts

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
OEM hardtop could be cool. Just make sure you guys know there are two recent companies also making them. Ones even a vendor here. Might be a tough crowd. That's also ignoring VIS and chaser that already make them.

Ccp fabrication on eBay(lightweight OEM replica)
And rockstar on here (OEM replica)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #783
OEM hardtop could be cool. Just make sure you guys know there are two recent companies also making them. Ones even a vendor here. Might be a tough crowd. That's also ignoring VIS and chaser that already make them.

Ccp fabrication on eBay(lightweight OEM replica)
And rockstar on here (OEM replica)
Yup, I know of both. CCP is a bit off from a true replica. Looks good for racers but not something I think people would want on a DD with the lack of rear seal channel.
I've talked to rockstar about it and we would not be competing at at their price point... we'd come in well under it. He said go for it. If they do get around to making their top I wouldnt mind collaborating with them on the hardware/windows etc, or even buying installation kits wholesale from them.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yup, I know of both. CCP is a bit off from a true replica. Looks good for racers but not something I think people would want on a DD with the lack of rear seal channel.
I've talked to rockstar about it and we would not be competing at at their price point... we'd come in well under it. He said go for it. If they do get around to making their top I wouldnt mind collaborating with them on the hardware/windows etc, or even buying installation kits wholesale from them.
people love cheap sht, so i say go for it... huge market for cheap oem style hardtops..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lexan, of course, for maximum lightness. :bouncin: (I just wanted to see that bouncy girl in a post)
lol I ussaly don't post OT (Don't like it) but I will have to say lol with that () comment.

Also JJ I will love to see that video too. I don't really need it to make my decision but it will be cool ;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #788
Just posting a phone pic my wife took... decent angle.

We talked more about a "less expensive" FB and decided the quarter panel flange would have to stay to keep the fit up to our standards, and the decklid would just be mold line that customers could cut out themselves if they choose. That is if we even do it.
We also agreed that we will never sacrifice quality for price, so while we may be able to do some things a bit more economically by removing features, they will never be "cheap". One cheap part reflects poorly on the rest. We'll stop doing miata parts before we just spit out cheap fiberglass and tell our customers they are on their own making it fit well.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #790
This is the best I can do for now. Hopefully I can get 6UL's and decent coil overs by spring. I'm not wasting money on suspension until I can get XIDA Cubsports.

·
Registered
43 Posts
& we're going to complain about the necessary price tag associated with it? come on guys, how insulting.
No complaints...it's just not for everyone. Some guys splurge for Xidas because suspension is important enough to them to pay that kind of dough for that kind of performance. Is it insulting for someone to say that they wouldn't pay that much for suspension? No. Not insulting, just different strokes for different folks. I love the look of this top. It is extremely well done & transforms the look of the car, for sure.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #795
No complaints...it's just not for everyone. Some guys splurge for Xidas because suspension is important enough to them to pay that kind of dough for that kind of performance. Is it insulting for someone to say that they wouldn't pay that much for suspension? No. Not insulting, just different strokes for different folks. I love the look of this top. It is extremely well done & transforms the look of the car, for sure.
Well put. Its not for everyone. However is one thing to say "thats out of my price range" and another to say "thats overpriced". I'm pretty sure that is what FABEL was getting at.
This particular top is clearly going to be out of many people's price range.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. And coming from a forum where people don't seem to mind dropping a few grand on wheels, I'm not sure if I understand concerns over price.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #799
Yes, we are making them to order. I stopped putting any effort into marketing the top until my car gets some major work done. We also just finished molds for an Oem replica top that will be nearly indistinguishable from a factory hardtop.

781 - 800 of 817 Posts