ClubRoadster.net banner

801 - 817 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
JJ,

Sorry if this has already been discussed as I'm new on here and there is A LOT to read, but have you gotten anywhere or plan to go anywhere with an NA fastback top or OEM top?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #802
At this point it doesnt look like an NA fastback is going to happen.
As for the OEM style top, we just finished the molds. There is one mold for the outer shell and 4 molds for the interior pieces. It will use all of the OEM hardware, seals and compatible rear windows and be almost indistinguishable from an OEM top. It will be a few lbs lighter, but I'm not sure how much yet. The only real difference will be the rear mounting brackets. We will make our own brackets that are bonded to the top between inner and outer layers. If a customer wants OEM rear brackets and can supply them, we can build them into the top per order. They will initially be available only as a bare shell. There is a possibility that we will eventually supply complete tops or complete kits, but there are no solid plans at this point. Even as a bare shell they wont be cheap, but they will be under $975. Each one will be assembled and test fit on our shop car. A group buy is very likely.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So just to confirm on the OEM style top, it will fit the NA model? (mines a '92) And under $975 is better than what others are going for.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #807 (Edited)
We may see one of these on an NA quicker then I thought. I just talked to a gentleman with a NA that is rather experienced with serious modifications to fiberglass and it looks like we will be sending him a top with an unfinished quarter panel edge to adapt to his NA.
This should be interesting.
I should also have pics of the OEM replica top soon.
I've also started on some complete replacement NB quarters/fenders. Right now the plan is just for a one-off set for my car out of aluminum, but that may change based on response.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I was recently at the fiberglass shop that makes this top. And its is remarkable how good the replica looks.

Identical to oem i went over them side by side.

Also I think i will be getting the fastback here soon. I will update this thread when it all starts to come together.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #811
FYI, I just set up a facebook page for Warhorse Performance and plan to use it for regular updates until I have time to overhaul the website.
Please check it out.
It is currently a a collection of many of the pics I have already posted plus a few new ones from both myself and customers.
https://www.facebook.com/WarhorsePerf

thanks,
jes

·
Registered
118 Posts
interested

is there anyway you can make a youtube vid of it ?

how to out it on / take it off, and how the trunk operates

3000+ is not a cheap investment

·
Registered
78 Posts
interested

is there anyway you can make a youtube vid of it ?

how to out it on / take it off, and how the trunk operates

3000+ is not a cheap investment
I don't know if you read the thread, but this one isn't build to be a easy take out for a ride. Perhaps is not a cheap investment, but try to do it yourself and you will see that this is less than 1/3 of what you will need to invest.

801 - 817 of 817 Posts