ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any places that sell solid aluminum motor mounts and diff bushings?

And any recommendations on control arm bushings? car is a 04 msm i am making a track whore that will not be a DD in the next 5 months so harshness i dont care about how bad it will be.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
These are the only alum. motor mounts I know of on the market: http://www.function7.com/products/mx5mnt
Autokonexion made alum. diff mounts but only a couple. Your other option is to go with Delrin from MMR or Poly Energy Suspension mounts.

Get Energy Suspension bushings for the arms or Delrin through ISCracing.net

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
On eBay there is a company selling aluminum motor and diff mounts I think.

You could just get Delrin too, they'll be cheapest. It'll be extremely stiff still.

The 95 durameter good win motor mounts are extremely stiff as well, plus the mounts look badass. Its the only motor mount that replaces the whole mount, not just the cushion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/89-97-Mazda-Miata-Solid-Billet-Engine-Motor-Mounts-/110768841619?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19ca566393#ht_1175wt_922

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Any reason why you'd be unhappy with stiffer non-aluminum mounts? Is the difference that big?
I think anything after delrin/uhmw is pretty much pissing into the wind.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Even the 70 durameter Goodwin mounts will rattle the car quite a bit. Plus, you can change inserts to try different durameter mounts. 70, 80, 95. Knock yourself out.

I think aluminum mounts will make you too wet to drive without making your O face.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Your poor track instructors. They won't be able to walk right after a lap. You dog, you.:woolery:

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. I've got delrin motor mounts and alum. diff mounts. Probably very little perceivable increase in benefit over just a hard durometer Poly setup though. The noises are cool though. The jump from worn oe to Mazdacomp or to a poly I think is much more noticeable than that final step up to delrin or aluminum.

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
There's a reason why most Miata race cars don't use Aluminum/ overly stiff mounts.

I went with RoadsterTuner mounts, which are 88 durometer polyurethane mounts. They still rattle the sh*t out of my car, and I hate it. LMK if you want them.

I've currently got one RT mount in my car with one MazdaSpeed mount.. it's bearable, but I'm planning to completely change over to mazdaspeed mounts.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
That bad, huh batou?

I have a set of roadster tuner mounts, helping a buddy with a 1.8 swap soon. He was going to grab mazdaspeed mounts and we were both going to go hybrid. Are yours Mazda comps or mazdaspeeds? I really don't want to make it unbearable. I'm a bitch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts