ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my hood in from ISC racing. here are some pics with it sitting on the car. i gotta figure out how i am going to mount it to the car though if anyone has any sugestions let me know!

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AWESOME!

mount it up with hood pins. looks great! are you going to fill the hood light seems or leave them?

Im really happy for you! are your driving lights enough to replace your headlights?

i am going to fill in the seems for the head light lids but i got a set of PIAA 940's i am using as driving lights so i got enough light :)

i guess i will have to use a 4 hood pins to kee the hood on since it does not have a place to attach the stock hinge.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
It actually does look alright in its unpainted state, reminds me of this blue car.... you could definately rock it like that until you have the funds to paint it. or perhaps maybe another contrasting color...which I saw a pic of before, black with red hood/hardtop/trunk but for some reason I dont have the pic saved.

I would think you would attach it to the normal hood hinges then yea, hoodpins up front. put em in the headlight area to really screw with people.

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
In my opinion Id paint it black, Id try to use stock hinges if possible too, hoodpins up front

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm really diggin the contrasting color scheme. Badass look w/white and black. I also like how the hood retains the "power bulge" in the center of the hood. Keeps the front lines clean IMO.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
203 Posts
Leave it and get a white trunk lid. Then paint a star on the side = Texas State Trooper!! :D

Seriously though, I would go black. All black is seeeexy in my opinion.. I'm thinking of getting mine repainted all black.

BTW what's on your roof?

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys i am going to work on installing the hood today but i am not really sure what the best way to go about mounting it since it does not have a spot to attach the stock hood hinge so i guess ill have to use 2 sets of hood pins... 2 for the front and 2 of the rear.

if anyone can give me some more info as to what the best way to go about doing this i would love to hear what you have to say! also i am going to fill in the groves where the headlights go.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Paint the trunk white and skunk it!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I would try to make some kind of pins in the rear so you could slide those in and only use hood pins in the front. I know it would be a lot of work but i dont like the 4 hoodpin thing. plus doing it that way would still be nice and light and would still come competely off to make it easy to work on.

I might try this on my stock hood.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts