ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... I got my 91 BRG Limited Edition a couple months ago.... I just finished up doing the more extensive routine maintenance today (timing belt, water pump, cam seals, crank seal, CAS seal, tensioner/idler, and 14* of timing). Like the title says, I live in northeast Ohio. I've been to 2 autocrosses with the car so far--I had fun.

I was looking into the new FM turbo kits... and some Stance CO's. But to do the Stance, I'd need some rims .... it all adds up quick :twisted:

Ummm yea I think that's it. Oh yea, and I own a red 01 Neon R/T. But the Miata stock outhandles the Neon modded. #-o

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you're on your way to a good start with this car. Always good to make sure you're starting from a solid base.

Nice choices in cars, BTW. ;)

·
Mufasa in Training
33,623 Posts
What town are you from up there? I was born and raised in the Canton/Massillon area :)

·
Mufasa in Training
33,623 Posts
Almost! My city is tiny and borders CF. I usually just tell people Stow because they know where thats at lol. What happened with yours? Timing belt break or something?
My brother used to live up there for a time :)

:lol: don't get me started on the problems this car has had...for starters, it's experienced crank nose failure, a busted stock FPR, sorting out a braking issue that may or may not require replacement of the MC and lines...

Basically, I should have spent the last two years fixing the car instead of buying parts #-o

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Almost! My city is tiny and borders CF. I usually just tell people Stow because they know where thats at lol. What happened with yours? Timing belt break or something?
My brother used to live up there for a time :)

:lol: don't get me started on the problems this car has had...for starters, it's experienced crank nose failure, a busted stock FPR, sorting out a braking issue that may or may not require replacement of the MC and lines...

Basically, I should have spent the last two years fixing the car instead of buying parts #-o
ouch. I took mine for a short drive yesterday after setting the timing and it doesn't seem as peppy :? I'm almost positive the timing belt/cam positions are ok b/c we had 3 people doing it AND we marked the belts. haha. Hard to tell when I've been driving the Neon for 3 weeks and no Miata.

I confirmed what I had thought before, the driver side rear brake is stuck. Pulled into the drive and it was smelling and smoking nice. So I ordered some rotors (powerslot) and pads (hawk). :wink:

·
Mufasa in Training
33,623 Posts
No... I just got under it and pried the pad from the rotor. It's getting stuck when I apply the parking brake. I lubed it up for now, until I get the rest of the brake parts to do the job. It's not sticking now... it was just rusty.
Make sure those slider pins (both of them) are lubed up good. Maybe the e-brake's out of adjustment?

·
Registered
499 Posts
welcome!!

so your in the stow/ monroe falls area??? im in cuyahoga falls, right by Water Works Park, i have the red 93 w/ the rollbar, and SLAMMED. and i have a friend in akron w/ a blue 94 turbo miata. we should meet up some time ;)

ttyl!
Tyler

p.s. it vibrates!!!!

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts