ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I was thinking since it exited straight out instead of bending - meaning the engine is perpendicular to the chassis instead of parallel. They have part numbers on their site for the Miata though, so I'd imagine it looks the same except for the bend for RWD.

What's with all the springs? What purpose do those serve? The only thing I can think of would be to absorb vibration...but it looks like they're HOLDING IT TOGETHER. :?:

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was thinking since it exited straight out instead of bending - meaning the engine is perpendicular to the chassis instead of parallel. They have part numbers on their site for the Miata though, so I'd imagine it looks the same except for the bend for RWD.

What's with all the springs? What purpose do those serve? The only thing I can think of would be to absorb vibration...but it looks like they're HOLDING IT TOGETHER. :?:
It's a honda fit header, the springs are sort of holding it together, it's a slip fit design. And i think this was probably just something to show off what they're capable of. Like how car manufactures make concept cars with no intention of producing them.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Gotcha. I can't imagine the slip fit design would be better than a welded design. Definitely...interesting, though.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At such a high pressure area like that right off of the exhaust ports, wouldn't there be exhaust leaks with a slip fit design? Or are the springs really that tight?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I talked to JR about their headers and they said that they are making a new one and testing it now. I think they said in tests, it has showed consistent gains of 10+ horsepower. He said it should be out sometime this summer to fall.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Like someone else said, it is slip fitted to ease in installation and extra flanges to bolt the sections together would add a lot of weight.

I think this was supposed to be a titanium header and Ti is not easy to weld.

I could be wrong about that though. Looks like a nice header and I'll be interested to see what the Miata version looks like.

BTW, I thought some of the RSR exhausts were held together with a spring loaded slip joint.

·
Registered
79 Posts
looks as the flange is aluminum and the tubung is Ti. Which thouse two would expand and contract alot and cauz cracking plus you can't cross weld Aluminum and Ti. Thats what i would guess

1 - 11 of 11 Posts