ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just returned from the Gap and decided to play with my car.
My new wheels were waiting for me at the post office.
The Fender Flares were recently purchased fom Leni at Metro (who got them indirectly from Joe at RSpeed).
They are KG Work fender flares.
The wheels are the Sportmax 15x8, 0-offset.
Looks tres cool in person, the pics don't do it justice.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~miatas/Flares/Desktop.html

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Dave, I don't know what they put in the water up there but whatever it does it turns your hair all sorts of crazy colors and causes you to turn your car into an absolutely mental Roadster. I love everything about it. I thought it was just perfect with the Volks but now you've gone and pushed the envelope even further. Well done.

Reminds me of that scene at Jack Rabbit Slim's from the movie Pulp Fiction:
Mia Wallace said:
Don't you just love it when you come back from the bathroom and find your food waiting for you?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
so... did you or did you not cut your fenders and 1/4's?????

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kyle.

Airbrush, the fenders have not been drilled or cut.
The trick part about the KG Works units are that they use existing mounting holes in the front.
For the rears they only require screwing in a couple screws into the bottom of the fender. This is into the section that would not be seen if the car was reverted back to stock.
Since they are formed to the fenders so well they basically can be held in place just using the lower mounting screws.
Of course you are free to cut and drill if you wish to but I'd like to try it this way and be sure I like it before cutting the car.

KG makes some very nice flares!

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Your car screams sex!! I cant wait til i put mine on.

BTW: I love how you painted your GV lip to match with the paint, I wonder how it would look on a classic red car with painted lip.

·
3,542 Posts
Oooh my all time favorite flares! Nicely done.

How much did they cost?

·
Registered
441 Posts
nice!!!

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Are you cutting your own fenders or having a shop do them? I love how the flares stop at the crease line.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Thanks Kyle.

Airbrush, the fenders have not been drilled or cut.
The trick part about the KG Works units are that they use existing mounting holes in the front.
For the rears they only require screwing in a couple screws into the bottom of the fender. This is into the section that would not be seen if the car was reverted back to stock.
Since they are formed to the fenders so well they basically can be held in place just using the lower mounting screws.
Don't you have to at least roll that fender flange flat in order to avoid rubbing?

·
Registered
71 Posts
wow car looks sweet man
BTW is that a personilized tag? Because my last name is on your tag..lol

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In response....

The flares were on sale from Leni Metro (who in a roundabout way got them from Joe at RSpeed) for $450 shipped.
The normally sell for $500-$600.

Peter-can you please find out what the perfect offset to run on a stock Miata is? :D
Peter knows what low offset wheels will do to your handling, bearings and ride.
Just ask the Miata Forum crew ;)

BoostMX5 -Your last name is AWAD?

Jesseclee-the fenders are in oem shape at the moment.
No rolling required at this tall ride height.
I might cut them later if I decide to lower it more or just want more room underneath.

JDMAflac-I perform all my own work, except painting and mounting tires so I would cut the fenders myself if required.
GV lip in Red? Awesome!

Kyle- yes the flares have gotten "approved".
The hot chick in the photo said "They are very you" :D
Good seeing you at the Gap as well.

I have gotten a few approvals driving the car today.
It has been transformed into a mean machine :D
I love the way it looks, takes away some of the girly car stigma.
Just need a set of Mickey Thompson's and a V8 under the hood.

Anybody wanna buy some Volk CE28N's?

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Since your doing all your own work. Please make a step by step process with pics to enlighten those (me 8) ) who want to attempt a DIY.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dave, it was great seeing you and Angie again this year at the gap. Thanks for the ride Friday night, I lied it so much I am thinking maybe an M62 for Cybil now!!!
The wheels and fender flares look awesome on th eride there my friend! It changes the complexion of the outside to a bad a_ _ looking ride.
Take care my friend, I may need you to help me with some wrenching sometime in the future. :wink:

Dan Hill

1 - 20 of 34 Posts