ClubRoadster.net banner

181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Sorry for the slow updates. The shop that was supposed to help has bailed. So now I have had to rework the fastback that I gave him as he has sanded the edges too much. And some damage occurred. All new moulds are being made as I wasn't happy with them.
I made one from the moulds I have and it's on my black NB.

The windows have no painted borders. The trunk/boot works well, and it looks good considering I am not happy with this set of moulds. The new ones will be even better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did the picture get removed? Maybe just my browser being weird.
Naw just your browser, I can still see it. For a "rejected part" it looks gorgeous installed on the car.

@Lightyear Does that spoiler you have on the silver NB transfer over, or is that some kind of custom one-off piece? I like the look either way, but I think that big ducktail really completes the look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
@Lightyear can you post some pix with the trunk lid opened? curious to see where the hinge is...
That was covered earlier in the thread, the hinges are the 2 barely visible little pills at the corners of the windshield. Clearly you can see how obtrusive they are by the fact that you didn't see them :haiguyths:

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Love that shape, though is the 'trunk' a cut version of the stock one or is it molded too? I'd be curious to see if there was a way to have a flatter NA-ish hood so the line of the fastback runs all the way to the back of the car?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Hi, sorry I haven't been on here for a while. The new moulds are all made, and I will be picking up the first fastback soon. Will update by mid January with pics.
The spoiler on the silver NB is a Monster spoiler that you stick on. The reason I didn't make the fastback go to the edge of the boot/trunk is to give people the option as to what spoiler if any you choose to use. I found the large rear spoiler and a wing was too much drag. So I removed it and made a fairly flat rear spoiler for more of a Camm tail.

The black car in the pics is getting a turbo at the moment, you need power to match the fastback goodness.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
The trunk/boot is part of the fastback conversion. So you remove your factory boot completely, and you can also remove the factory boot hinge and spring set up.
I should have pics of the boot open or the underside.

·
Registered
39 Posts
@Lightyear

Will the windows be available for order with tint (assuming they are lexan)?

I would be looking for really dark smoke lexan if possible, something as close to limo tint as I can get.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts