ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all!

No, I'm not from the south - not that there's anything wrong with that...

I'm a roadster guy going back to my first car, which was a '58 Austin Healey 100-6 I purchased in 1966. My next six cars were all British Roadsters, four more Healey's and two Triumphs (a TR3B and a TR4A). Those were good days indeed. Also did a little roadracing, both 4 wheels (mostly B-sedan) and 2 (mostly open production) back in the 60's, 70's, and early 80's.

Went through the usual 'life stuff', although I've also been a motorcyclist since back in those same days (and still own three, all Triumphs, all Triples, and all BRG); but have done without a roadster since about 1976 until two weeks ago when - completely by dumb luck - I found Emma, my '01 SE/BRG (production #339).

I'm semi-retired now, although I'm the Webmaster at www.pawspartners.org, a website supporting two local non-profits who work with animals. I still have free time to enjoy the brilliant roads that surround me, in a car that makes those roads a great deal of fun.

I'll get around to a sig and an avatar shortly; but without further ado, meet Emma:

:icon_cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Winlowe! :)

Welcome! More pics please and details on plans for Emma....
More pics and a couple of quick videos at Emma's very own page (on my 'Biker for Life' site) which you can find HERE.

I have a full RS3 cat-back and muffler on the way from Moss (this baby is just too dang quiet!); but other than that I don't plan any mods. When the shocks need replacing I'll put something decent in (justified as 'maintenance', doncha know!).

Here are a few more pics after I reconditioned the top, buffed out the little scratches, and gave her a coat of Meguiar's Gold.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should probably clarify the 'dumb luck' thing...

After my quarter-million mile Audi (A4 Avant Quattro 2.8) demanded more of a cash infusion than I was willing to supply, I sold her to a young lad who really knew his way around that car. The wife and I decided that we really didn't need another 'utilitarian' vehicle (her car is a Mercury Mariner), and wanted something fun. Lots of options; but nothing that felt more fun than a Miata, so we started looking/driving. Drove an NA, several NB's, and an NC or two, and had decided on an NB (we both liked the lines). At this point, other than knowing we wanted an NB, I knew nothing about different years, 'special editions', or anything else.

I had my feelers out, and one evening an e-mail popped into my inbox offering one that looked good in pictures (don't they all?) and since we had to be 'in the area' the following day on an errand we decided to pop over for a look. Okay, so BRG is kinda 'my color', and BRG with a tan top and interior is - well - glorious. The car just 'popped' as soon as we saw her, and after a very quick test drive my wife says "Let's take her home. This is THE CAR". So we did.

Got a very good deal, too. CarFax says I paid roughly $2500 less than she's worth. I am happy!

Thanks for the welcome posts, feels good!

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
Look at that scenery - wow - beautiful. And the car is looking super clean too.

My '90 has always had it's hardtop on, it has no softtop because of the roll bar. Both my husband and I never thought of taking its top off. But recently my husband joined me in Moss' 2006 Miata for a weekend of driving with a club from Fresno, and we were top down most of the time. We both finally realized how much fun a convertible is, and now we're thinking of replacing his '97 BMW M3 with a convertible of some sort! So much fun. I hope you and your wife both really enjoy your Miata. Sounds like you got a great deal too, can't beat that!

Glad you know about Moss too. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at that scenery - wow - beautiful. And the car is looking super clean too.
Yes, I do live in a really nice place, thanks! A trip 'around the block' is 10 miles of solid twisties. Emma does look pretty darn good for 158,xxx miles, doesn't she? :D

Glad you know about Moss too. :)
I did get a great deal on the car, so I had two grand left in my 'budget'. Moss has more than 800 of that already. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just drove through Pioneer. You're in some good driving country.
:ibtl:

I quite literally cannot go anywhere without being on brilliant roads. I am truly blessed to have both motorcycles and my Roadster. :D

A quick run down to the quaint little town of Volcano:

https://vimeo.com/120532592

That was condensed; but not all that much, from a <10 minute drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts