ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Miata
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first Miata about 2-3 months ago. Have wanted one for decades. Finally decided I was not getting younger and found a local one in fair-good condition.
92,000miles when I bought it. Previous owner just installed a new soft top.
Hail damage and one rust hole in the driver side rocker panel.
Black on black. Some aftermarket 14" wheels from Sears are on it.
I have already installed a better stereo (Dual DIN), a style bar, a strut bar and a NB steering wheel.
Upgraded the H4 halogens to LED's. Got a boot tonneau off Ebay.

Extremely fun car to drive. Driving topless helps me forget my cares and just enjoy the journey. (the car,not me)

Funny story of how I ended up here. I made a post on another Miata forum 123XYZ.net (name changed to protect the innocent)
I said up front what I wanted to do and was asking if it would work. 2 guys gave some appropriate answers. Then came the douche bags. They basically said to just do it their way not mine. I was a bit cranky that day and the thread went tits up from that point. Herd mentality and put downs. I have played this car game for almost 50 years I should be used to it but I never seem to take it well. Anyway once I calmed down and took my meds, I quit responding to the thread. Now the funny part.
So a day or so later I am questioning if it was me or them.
Let's see what Google says. I search "123XYZ.net douche bags" One thread from reddit pops up and 2 or 3 from this site.
Turns out it is not just me. This board gets my attention and as I read more I like the attitude here much better.
I am over 55 years old and I have difficulty dealing with a large portion of the people in my own age group. Too closed minded and opinionated. So many think their way is the only way. They can't think outside the box. The younger generations seem to be much more accepting. This board appears much friendlier so here I am.

·
Registered
96 Miata
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I wanted to put LED bulbs in my Hella vision housings.
The Hella housings came with the car. I would have bought E code or Daymaker clones if I was buying them new. The questions I asked was "Is there room for the heatsink?" and "What LEDs fit?"
I have since found out there is plenty of room. I am still adjusting them.. They are aimed slightly low at the moment. The Hella Visions have hotspots I do not like. The cutoff is sharp enough that I am not concerned about glare to oncoming traffic. The LED H4 bulbs cost me total $17. So it is a win for now. The bulbs look like Beamtech, Nighteye, or superbrightleds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts