ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like it way better than the Sol/Sky. Can't wait to see if this makes it to production (more likely than not). SRT-4 version, anyone?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dunno. I like it. It's not sexy, but it's very American. It fits the look of Dodge. Even if this becomes the RWD SRT/4 that everyone has been waiting for, the styling doesn't say "[email protected]#$ me now" and that's important.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Id be impressed if it could compete, I think mazda has been doing lightweight sportcars for a little longer

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Too late in the game. It can't stack up to the awesome drivability of the Miata. And styling wise, its ****. And these days, American cars have to have really good styling to be competitive in the market.

Man, that thing is seriously ugly.
+1 100%
god I hope these are shots of the concept and when it comes out someone has the sense to make it not look retarded. too much copperhead concept not enough sense to realize that that was ugly.

even this looked better and this was sh1t

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
It definitely looks like a Dodge from the front. From the side the rear tail lights look almost TTish. It prolly won't be all that lightweight. Mazda was real anal about saving weight on the MX-5, but I'm sure Dodge won't be afraid to give it some power. I won't be surprised if they sell this thing.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Thank you Dodge, for sending more customers to Mazda!!! hhaaha they will take one look at that thing and walk across the street to Mazda. hahaha

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
MG is also back on the scene; the GT coupe will be US built, and the TF roadster set to be launched in 2008 (new sheet metal) for the US market. K-series engines have gone, replaced with N-series, with are Euro-IV compliant. Lotus have also been involved in fettling the chassis. Looks like UK prices for a MG-TF will be £12-15k, compared to £15-20k for the MX5. Engines will be less powerful, and there won't be an optional folding hardtop (though a powered roof was always an option on the TF), but for some people, having some hulking great gas guzzling engine, and poncey electric roofs, won't be a priority

Looks like the initial 2007 run, for the UK market, will look externally very similar to the 2004 cars, with minor detail changes (new rear lights, front bumper detailing), and a new interior.

If the MG keeps to a bargain pricing structure, that would be interesting. I went along to a 2001 NC styling clinic, and one of the ideas Mazda had then was a back to basics budget Roadster; vinyl roof, 1.4-1.6 4-cylinder engine. Very retro styling; I thought almost like a Triumph TR3 (very low door tops). The NC has definetely moved away from the original formula.

·
Registered
280 Posts
MX-5, Solstice and better looking twin Sky, and now this..

http://news.windingroad.com/concept-cars/dodge-set-to-unveil-demon-roadster-in-geneva/

looks like a "kinder" baby Viper up front, and just plain ugly out back.. like the rear end was an afterthought. almost mitsu eclipse-ish.

i wonder how it'll stack up..

Looks fine. I hope more companies release Miata rivals. The more, the merrier. The turbo Pontiac Soltice is one great machine. If I was looking to buy a new roadster - I would've taken it over the new MX-5 no doubt ...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I <3 the front of that car. The ass end looks like they ran out of money... and someday I will do an SRT4 powered roadster. Whether it's atom-style, or Miata style, it will happen.

SRT4 motor, SRT clutch, Liberty transmission, oh yes, it'll happen.

to be clear, that's not the motor i'll use, i'll use the current one. That Demon is scheduled to get the Caliber SRT "world" motor, which is the Mitsu/Chrysler/Hyundai developed one.

Edit: Oh, and don' nobody say nuttin bad about the Razor. Other than the scooters in place of a spare tire, it is still my ultimate track toy dream next to an Atom. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, the rear view reminds me of the crossfire too. It will probably appeal to guys who want a roadster but not the girly car image.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Looks a little more "manly" than the Miata, honestly. But it more than likely won't be made. Just like the Razor. Doesn't matter how many Dodge fans wanted the Razor, they didn't make it. Same with this one, would be my guess.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
The front looks bad ass IMO....and thats about all I really like about it as far as styling goes.

The timing of this unveiling certainly seems like they are just trying to see if they have what it takes to cash in on the roadster market.

If it indeed carries an SRT4 drivetrain of sorts, then everyone's got their cards on the table for the high powered models except for Mazdaspeed. I wonder what they got up their sleeve? ;) Surely it should be as impressive as the MS3, and have the capability to trounce the competition on the track

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Maybe I'm biased, but I'd rather wait out the new Mazdaspeed MX-5 (with retractable hardtop of course) than get one of the other roadsters on the market now.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I kinda like it. If they were to make an SRT-4 powerplant version and still RWD, I'd walk across the street to test on out. I don't like the look of the back of the car, they went round when the front is squared off. Kinda like trying to fit the cylinder into a triangle hole from preschool #-o It just doesn't work #-o

1 - 20 of 31 Posts