ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

New guy here from Harrisburg, PA

Just picked up a 96' NA Miata from my dad. He decided to take the plunge and buy a Boxster this season and even though I planned to get an NA Miata it wasn't going to be until next year. Needless to say I couldn't see this car leave the family. He is the original owner, its never seen winter, 50k miles, has all service records from new, and I learned to drive in this car too :)

Pretty basic Miata with the only options being power steering and a/c. I've done most of the maintenance on it since 2003 and already know my way around this car pretty well. Most recent task was replacing the top two seasons ago.

The plan is to make it into a weekend auto-x toy. Unfortunately I don't have any recent pictures but it still looks exactly the same at the moment.

My DD:

My dad's Miata replacement

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Welcome aboard! That's a pretty cool backstory to your NA. Definitely a clean base to start with. Are the wheels on your VW actual CCW's or those new XXR's?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard! That's a pretty cool backstory to your NA. Definitely a clean base to start with. Are the wheels on your VW actual CCW's or those new XXR's?
Gracias. There is definitely sentimental value with this car and I plan on keeping it indefinitely. I brought up the fact that it'd be getting modified and his point was "at least I'll still get to see the car whereas I'd never see it again by selling to a random person". Looking for a used set of 15x8 Equip 01's for the street and maybe some 949's for the track.

Real. I :fp: after seeing the reps recently

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Jewfro"? Awesome sauce. Welcome to CR.net and cool story about the family Miata. It looks clean.

Chris
Haha yea it started as a joke years ago and now its how everyone knows me, especially on forums. Basically my hair is a fro no matter what I do, I grew up in a predominately Jewish community, and everyone thinks I'm Jewish despite being Italian.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Gracias. There is definitely sentimental value with this car and I plan on keeping it indefinitely. I brought up the fact that it'd be getting modified and his point was "at least I'll still get to see the car whereas I'd never see it again by selling to a random person". Looking for a used set of 15x8 Equip 01's for the street and maybe some 949's for the track.

Real. I :fp: after seeing the reps recently
That's a good point! Equips would look great on there though. I can't tell the difference since between the CCW and XXR since I've never seen either in person. I bet you'll get a lot of people asking the same question once they finally release the XXR's :lol:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha well as a previous advocate of replica wheels it doesn't really bother me (might run Rota zero plus) but the obvious difference is the lack of bolts and addition of a dual drill lug pattern on the XXR although it is a nice looking rep :)

Probably won't do a whole lot to the Miata this season besides maintenance (t-belt, water pump, etc..), a roll bar, r-comps, and auto-x the hell out of it. Maybe a torsen if a good deal pops up. Already have too many projects rolling right now.

This needs to get finished first - 69 Honda CL125

Current state

·
Registered
210 Posts
welcome to cr, I have the same car as you but with a beat up paint. I just got my 96 recently

1 - 12 of 12 Posts