ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very, very new at this, but here goes nothing: yes you can call me monkey, don't ask where that nickname comes from (long story..) and I live in a far far away country where the police is called 'guarda' and the grass is greener than anywhere else ! Ireland. Cork, to be specific.
A bit of (not so good) history with cars, owned a few, not proud of many.
A good 6 months ago I decided to sell my mk3 mr2 which I found good looking but could only stare at the engine pondering how many parts need removed before finding the oil filter :cry2:
Living in Ireland can sometimes be a challenge, and being told by a main Toyota dealer that my car was not an MR2 but some sort of weird plastic replica for which they would have no parts and no idea how to service (while in fact, the only difference was the MR badge in place of the Toyota one, you certainly guessed by now that mine was a jap MR-S). So lame I decided to get rid of the poor thing and... take on car maintenance and repairs by myself!
On a friend's advice I bought what turned out to be the easiest, most readily available for parts, and good looking roadster with a vintage feel: a good old Eunos Roadster from 1992 with everything that could possibly go wrong, is going (or already went) wrong.
This is where my Club Roadster story commences. I decided to be serious about this, so I bought tons of (yes, some very useless) things such as manuals, books, tools designed to build wood cabinets instead of fixing cars, gloves (enough to open a care center), and a nice blue collar suit. Then I opened up the bonnet :fp:
I don't know much, but I'm willing to learn. Now got 'man-size sockets and wrenches' as a good friend of mine calls those, and downloaded the dreaded service and maintenance manual PDF for my old clunker. Got a decent bit done already (it runs! it's aliiiiive!) but nowhere near I want to take it. Then the internet took me to this forum with extensive threads one too many times, I've nearly fainted at the sight of some of your restoration projects, stared endlessly and speechlessly at your MX5s that look like prancing horses to my very sad donkey. So I decided I would do myself a favor and register here!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! What's that silver knob in the center console?
A fancy shiny ... magnet for your change. No kidding, that's the european version of a coin holder. Which on top of that, was fitted pig-style with a power drill that completely ruined the plastic around it. Complete rubbish.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A fancy shiny ... magnet for your change. No kidding, that's the european version of a coin holder. Which on top of that, was fitted pig-style with a power drill that completely ruined the plastic around it. Complete rubbish.
Does this mean your coins (euro?) are actually magnetic? Or is it a little magnetic container that opens up?

Car looks great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry I've not been very active on this forums, but I got started on the car. Now I need to figure out what kind of thread I need to create and how to do it... I got plenty pics waiting for you guys!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.