ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not new to Miatas, and definately not new to Mazdas.

I'm on Miata.net, ClubProtege.com, The Mazda Forums, and several other places.

Diehard Mazda enthusiast and I've had my '94 Miata A-package for just over a year.

Info on my cars can be had through the link in my signature, info on me can be had through my "website".

-Ryan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear lord...he doesn't know...

Start poking around some of our sponsor sites and you'll quickly "offload" some of that monetary burden :mrgreen:

Plenty of go fast and look good goodies all around.

Don't say I didn't warn you! :p
Yeah, they make just about anything and everything for the Miata...such a contrast from the Protege - we have to get parts from Japan, suspension from ZX-2 SR edition, engine parts from the Miata aftermarket, and anything else is custom.

...I just finished my full exhaust system(first was the JR cat, then a Brospeed catback, and just 2 weeks ago a Brospeed 4-2-1 header, all used and good deals), and made my own intake(as seen in the pics link in the sig)...already have 2 hard tops(1st was free, 2nd was $200), happy with the wheels('99-'01 15"s...got 1 set with tires for the trade of my stock 14" Protege wheels, but they were bent, so I sold them for $120 or something, and then picked up a set of good 15"s for $140 plus $300 something for Potenza RE750s).

Next up is a JR supercharger kit...that'll be in the summer. Same time I'll do a clutch and slightly lighter flywheel, maybe. The rear-main seal is leaking anyway.

Spent $1550 or so to have the rear rocker rust fixed(both sides) last fall.

The price of the car was $2900 in Nov. '05, 100K miles on it. Pretty good deal to me!

Boogie - you seemed familiar when I was looking through the forums...I remembered the black rear garnish for some reason. :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'll do anything for 1 of your hardtops. Just name it and I'll do it. I'd even put....hello kitty all over my car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The first one had rounded off screws but I was able to remove them and the latch, although ground into, is ok. The top has a gouge just above the rear window and scratches galore. The other top(also Titanium) had broken off screws in one of the top latches. My dad helped me remove them and I got a few extra latches from the junkyard/my brother's '90 Miata parts car). This second top is in better condition than the first, but I want to see how it fits on the car compared to the first...the first top is sorta warped on the front edge and makes wind noise at 95+mph. I think that was why this top was a warranty claim - plus the paint is too bluish, and has dirt in it. The 2nd's paint is the proper gray and better painted...

When I am able to see which top I want to keep, the other will go on eBay, local delivery(for a fee) or pickup only.

Sorry to get your hopes up but I've already had multiple offers, so I'll do it the fair way and auction it. I'll let everyone know when it's for sale though! Hello Kitty is unnecessary. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts