ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, posted this on m.net too but I wanted to share
've been reading up on how to work with the aperture and shutter speed of my camera so I went out a few nights ago at 3 AM equipped with a tripod and a few Monster energy drinks and decided to give it a go...
The car was really dirty so I kinda saw it as a challenge to try to make the car look good with low lighting so you can't tell it hasn't been washed.

These are the first pics I've taken of the car with the new mirrors as well.
The second pic I'm on the fence about because the light right above the car really shows the bad angle change between my bumper and hood, but I liked the other lighting so much I kept it anyways.

Enjoy!
-Ryan

Attachments

·
3,542 Posts
These threads would be more useful if the camera settings were mentioned, since the OP did say his goal was to try out different camera settings :)

·
Sequence Number 1280
3,049 Posts
i bet if you post this on m.net, you would get all kinds of *rice* comments...

did you get the whole car painted or just some parts? look at picture 2, so many different shades...

i'm curious as to what suspension you are using as well as the wheel/tire combo.

also, is that a bsp lip molded onto an oem bumper?

also, are you gonna do anything to the rear of the car?

also, heehehe... can you give us more info/pics of what you did to your bumper light area?

TeRRy

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i bet if you post this on m.net, you would get all kinds of *rice* comments...

did you get the whole car painted or just some parts? look at picture 2, so many different shades...

i'm curious as to what suspension you are using as well as the wheel/tire combo.

also, is that a bsp lip molded onto an oem bumper?

also, are you gonna do anything to the rear of the car?

also, heehehe... can you give us more info/pics of what you did to your bumper light area?

TeRRy
LOL lots of questions...
Yea the car is a few different shades. It had had a shoddy paint job done before I bought it and when I had the body work that I did painted they couldn't get a perfect match either. I want to get the whole car painted down the road.

Suspension: FM springs (old style), AGX shocks, FatCat shock mounts & FatCat 46mm bumpstops
Wheels/tires: Konig Heliums / Toyo T1R 205/50/15 - I know this isn't the stretched and wide setup most like, but its an affordable and very light street setup.. if it makes anyone feel better, the car is a CSP autox car and then I run Rota RB 13x8s... ;)

Yes, that is/was a BSP front lip which I molded into the factory bumper. I added some new shape to the radiator opening and such while I was at it too.

There is a full custom rear bumper in the works with rear diffuser. One project at a time though.

The parking light area houses my new headlights.. PIAA P-3000 lights with custom lenses covering the holes. The headlight covers are not functional - all the motors/lights/metal and hinges etc. under the covers have been pulled to save weight (~12 lbs each side) and the covers themselves are held in place by new aluminum struts. The headlights are great b/c they have a long range beam and a wider spread low angle beam for bad weather as well as a third light which is a turn signal.

The headlight scoop is custom - I made it out of ABS..

-Ryan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts