ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't washed my car in months. I washed it last night to get all the bugs off from my trip to Corpus on Thanksgiving. Since my car looked so much better clean I figured I would take some pictures. Granted my camera sucks so some came out blurry here they are.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
lookin good. I like the sidemarkers mounted in the vents on your bumper.

aerodramatics mirrors? any issues with the hardware rusting? also how do you like the flush mount lights?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I like the sidemarkers there too. When I got it back from the body shop they left them just dangling under the car. I figured they would look cool glowing in the vents and during the day they are really visible.

Actually the mirrors are some universal ones my girlfriend bought me as a present. I had to custom make the brackets to mount them. No problems with them though. I love the headlights. There are some slight fitment issues with them which is why I don't have on the lenses yet, but I will after I finish out this quarter of school.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Very nice work! What bumper is that?

Are those the AAC headlights? What kind of fitting issue do you have with them?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they are the AAC headlights. The buckets aren't exactly perfect. I need to mod the tabs that are the mounting points for clearance issues. The clear lenses for them won't hold strong enough with the clips provided so I am gonna have to drill it and screw it to the housings. The lights are really nice and it was a very easy install though. I am the only with the front bumper right now. It is styled after the C-West front bumper for the FD3S.

I plan on adding a carbon fiber gt spoiler and carbon fiber front canards after I get my ITB's installed and tuned.

·
Registered
25 Posts
not really a fan of body kits especially after the release of Fast & Furious. But lovin the headlights.

·
3,857 Posts
...for a moment I thought that I was in m.net :p

seriously now, the car is beautiful even thought not my style either, I think that the wheels look smaller with the body kit.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Clever side marker placement and the lopro lamps look great. However I do have concerns about the safety of the counterfit Mazdaspeed branded harnesses. Do you think the fitment issue with the AAC lights is due to prior crash damage or interference with your body kit? Or is there simply more variance from car to car than AAC planned for?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe that it was a flaw in the manufacturing of the buckets for the lights. I examined them and the passenger side bucket's mounting points a few centimeters shorter in height and the width around the edges where the clamps hold the lights varies so it looses grip. It almost looks as if the tabs warped or bent a little when curing. Like any after market piece, fiberglass or carbon fiber, I have learned to expect some modification is needed.

As far as the harnesses go they hold pretty well. I have had no problems with them. I plan on changing them in the future when I get new seats. In the mean time they are just fine.

I know the wheels do look small with the kit but they are only 15's anyway. If I had the money I would have some 16x8 Volk CE28n's or some SSR reverse mesh if I could get my hands on some. Until then I am happy with my heliums. They are light and cheap to replace.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's not custom but I got the only one the company had. I believe it might be discontinued since I was the only interested in it for over a year. I don't mind if it is though, cause I got it and it makes my car stay unique.

This is the bumper it was made after for the FD3S.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks pretty good man.

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37371&highlight=#37371

Actually, I believe there are two other people I've seen with that front. One guy from m.net with a red na had it.....and myself. lol. I have the same sides and rear as well. #-o I've had the kit on since january of last year but the front's got some "love taps" and needs to be replaced. I guess you'll be the only one on CR that has it, once I change mine. Atleast we're not in the same state. :lol:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts