ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a '99 Miata LS with 50k on the clock about six weeks back. I've been lurking on Miata.net and recently here. I just wanted to say hi mostly.

I have yet to start the modding process. The car was throwing a p0420 lazy cat code, so I had to get that squared away. New plugs, wires, O2 sensor, and a replacement cat under warranty fixed that. I've done the new fluids and filters and now the car seems pretty sound so far as basic mechanics goes.

Next are the brake pads, shocks, anti-sway bar, wheels and tires... you know the deal. I'm kinda working on my priority list come that income tax refund... :)

Anyhow, hi all... I'll be around trying to learn more about my new ride. The board looks extremely helpful. Nice meeting you. /wave

·
Registered
262 Posts
nice to see another southern roadster. welcome aboard. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Irondale, suburb of Birmingham... a couple of exits from Barber's. :D

As to "lending expertise", well... I could lend a hand on the breaker bar, lol. My expertise is pretty limited. I'm not scared to try to do what I can, but it's pretty much what I can get a walkthrough from the Miata.net garage at this point.

I'm a low budget, grassroots kinda guy though, so doing some wrenching and learning as I go is fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello fellow Alabamian :). I am pretty new here as well, so it is great to see more from this state :). Since you are in the B'ham area, you should check out CAMS (Central Alabama Miata Society).
http://www.camsmx5.com
I was a member with them when I lived in Tuscaloosa. They are a great bunch of people. They have a business meeting in Birmingham once a month.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello fellow Alabamian :). I am pretty new here as well, so it is great to see more from this state :). Since you are in the B'ham area, you should check out CAMS (Central Alabama Miata Society).
http://www.camsmx5.com
I was a member with them when I lived in Tuscaloosa. They are a great bunch of people. They have a business meeting in Birmingham once a month.
Already joined and been to two meetings of CAMS. I knew someone in the club before I ever got the car, lol. Gotta love the discount at Trussville, and yeah, they're good folks. Had fun doing dirty santa at the Christmas party. From the way bottles popped up in the presents I have a sneaking suspicion that there might just be a tiny bit of imbibing when we do road trips... 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts