ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fully functional NACA duct built-in. The biggest that will fit without clearance issues. Isn't it beautiful...

Driver and passenger sides...

Pre-preg cloth, vacuum bagged and cured in autoclave. Look at those beautiful vacuum bag lines...

Even the mounting tabs are carbon fiber...

Race tested...

Material:
Pre-preg. carbon fiber, 3k twill weave (yes, photos do show plain weave, but that was a sample only. production pieces will all be in twill weave)
Coated with PPG UV-stable clear coat

Pricing:
Driver-side w/ NACA $169
Passenger-side, no NACA $149
Both sides $318

Availability:
Our initial production lot sold out last month. Next lot due mid-January. Working on increasing production numbers, but it does take time to catch up to demand sometimes. With pending orders to fill, the earlier you order, the better your chance of getting it sooner.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
niiiice! Don't suppose you currently or will offer a passenger side lid with duct, eh?

·
The Second JB
1,532 Posts
Hey Jeff, any plans for this in fiberglass? I'd feel super guilty painting any carbon from you cause I know how hard you work to have them come out as good as they do.

·
Sponsor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Jeff, any plans for this in fiberglass? I'd feel super guilty painting any carbon from you cause I know how hard you work to have them come out as good as they do.
I know what you mean, but there are no plans for a fiberglass version. See the Targa Miata's passenger-side cover in the above picture? That's also carbon fiber, but you can't tell from that picture.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'd be down for one if you decide to do the passenger side with a duct.

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
Is there any benefit to running one of these if you are using a randall style intake through the firewall?
No.

Well, ok, that's not entirely true. If you have a slightly lower overall engine bay temperature, you'll avoid picking up a miniscule amount of heat as the pipes the air passes through will be slightly less hot. For all practical purposes, no.

That said that lid is gorgeous and I would also be up for a cheaper one in fiberglass if possible since I'd paint it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts