ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G-Vents (Vented Wing Windows)

To compliment our new G-Shield Hardtop Window, we are also bringing to you our G-Vents (Vented Wing Windows).

This is NOT a Project-G original, but we have changed it up to be fall in line with our other products. Rather than using polycarbonate that easily scratches and yellows with time, we decided to finally just come out with a Project-G version which will go hand in hand with our G-Shield. We have chosen to use a slightly larger vent and an updated vent location when compared to the others.

Our findings when this product is paired with our G-Shield, the airflow through the passenger compartment is very smooth and calm even at speed.

As for being watertight, in normal rain or washing the car, we haven't noticed any leaking. However, if you blast the water directly on the vent, some may get in. Nothing we were concerned about. We have not noticed any whistling or air noise in our testing for the past 6 months.

Installation is fairly simple. (It took me less than 1 hour to do both sides) Instructions to change the corner glass can be found on the web.

Benefits of G-Vents:
More scratch resistant
Can be polished if scratched
UV Stable (Resists yellowing)
Vents are 3.25 dia vs. 3.06 dia.

Pricing:
$40 Each (Includes 1 Window and 1 Vent)
$75 Set (Includes 2 Windows and 2 Vents)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Any chance you weighed (or would be able to weigh) the OE glass vs the G-Vent?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how hard is it to install it??and would a tennis ball fit in it??
I'm probably the wrong person to be answering the question of how difficult the install is, but there are write-ups on how to change the corner glass online.

Breakdown of process:
1. Remove door panel
2. Remove side window stops (2 screws)
3. Remove side window (3 screws)
4. Remove window guide seal (2 screws, 1 visible, 1 under the seal)
5. Remove window guide (2 screws)
6. Remove corner window by sliding rearward.
7. Reverse process to install.

Tools needed:
Phillips Screwdriver
10mm socket (wrench ok)

Time:
I have been told for a first timer, they took close to 2 hours.
If you are familiar with how it works, about 25 minutes per side.

Not sure of the tennis ball, but the hole is 3.25 diameter.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
how hard is it to install it??and would a tennis ball fit in it??
It might be a little challenging the first time if you're unfamiliar with it, but it's not too hard once you've done it once or twice. Here is a thread that will help make it easy-peasy: http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/86-diy-how-writeups/26206-how-swap-door-triangle-windows.html

Also, please note that you don't actually have to remove the main windows, though it is pretty easy to do and might give you more room to work things around a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When will these be available on your site? I've wanted them for a while now. I think I've seen them on one of your cars on here a while back..

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When will these be available on your site? I've wanted them for a while now. I think I've seen them on one of your cars on here a while back..
Are these available for pick up at all? Or only made to order?
We are good in stock at the moment. They should be up on our site soon. I will add them to the Group Buy page today. You can also PM me an email address I can send a Paypal request for funds to and we can get that going asap.

·
Registered
131 Posts
wow you guys are making it hard for me to save my hard earned money. expect an order from me soon with the great deals you are offering now with the group buy--definitely getting the g-wing and now possibly these vented windows.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts