ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another in-house developed racing product from our skunkworks has been released officially today, our Aluminum Shifter Bushing for all years Miata.

These have been around for a while, but only from Mazdaspeed (hard to get) or Mazdaspeed ones sold by retailers with $14 shipping charges :roll:, or are so high priced that it is not worth it :fp:

It's plainly obvious on why this is a must have product for anyone who drives their Miata with gusto (and I'm sure you all do, which is why we sponsor this deal). If you track your Miata or race it, you're crazy not to have one in your car as the factory plastic bushing will crack and break.

Why did we produce this part? Well after breaking two plastic OEM bushings in one season, experiencing the difference it will make, and noticing the high costs of the other options (Beat Rush), we've made sure to come out with one that is not too tight (common trait of the Mazdaspeed one), and is not too expensive.

Hell, we'll even do a group buy on them for Christmas. Stay tuned...

More info on our new product and to order your very own:
http://5xracing.com/i-8112553-5x-racing-mazda-miata-aluminum-shifter-bushing.html

Product description from our site:

Ever felt a Miata shifter that had WAY too much play, was very sloppy feeling, or was very hard to get into gear fast? Anyone that has purchased a Miata with more than 100,000 miles and an unconcerned previous owner surely has. We've had this problem on EVERY street Miata we've purchased (total is 8 and counting now), which led us to create another race born custom Miata part out of our development program. For just $15, and we'll even mail it to you for free (not like our competitors who charge you $14 to ship this...), you can eliminate the very unreliable factory plastic bushing located on the bottom of your Miata's shifter. This little part can make such a huge difference in the feel of your Miata, and if you're not familiar with what this part does or what it will do for your car, here's the details:

What is it?
At the very bottom of your Miata's shifter, there is a little off-white plastic bushing that looks like a donut. In factory form, this bushing snaps onto the bottom ball of your shifter and fits into the hole in the base of the gear selector mechanism (should be submersed in oil) inside your shifter turret.

What does it do?
The purpose of the bushing is to provide insulation from sound and vibration being transmitted from the transmission gears into your shift knob. Also, it is there to provide a barrier between the steel ball on your shifter and the steel base on the shift mechanism, so wear will not occur. We've built and tested this bushing on our race cars since we broke two of the plastic OEM bushings in one season, then in our street cars for months to prove reliability. We can assure you our bushing does not transmit any noticeable noise and will not promote wear (if anything, the bushing will wear first as it is aluminum against the steel ball on the shifter and the steel shifter base mechanism)

What will it do for my car?
While the dimensions of our shifter bushing and the factory bushing are as close to identical as we could get them, the difference is that our is made out of aluminum and not delrin plastic, which will wear and break over time. Especially in racing environments (any SM racer will tell you they've broken an OEM plastic bushing before). We've also made sure that the bushing is not too tight with the fitment as it has to be articulate and allow the ball to move within the bushing. As far as shifter feel goes, our bushing will help tighten up the feel of the shifter in all directions. Also, it will provide a nice solid throw into the next gear. Best of all, you can slam shifts as hard as you want without the fear of breaking the plastic bushing inside. This fact can be verified by anybody that has a Miata race car and especially somebody that participates in Endurance races, because a sloppy shifter on the road course will be disaster for your lap times in terms of missed shifts.

Thanks for your time!

·
Banned
607 Posts
beatrush makes the same thing in bronze. You guys are charging less than half, probably with significantly less wait time. I'm ordering one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beatrush makes the same thing in bronze. You guys are charging less than half, probably with significantly less wait time. I'm ordering one.
Yeah, I was a bit taken back on the price of the Beatrush piece. Not sure why it's that much, and why it's bronze. Maybe they have a good reason. My reason for aluminum can be found on the bottom of the shifter housing of 2 of our Spec Miata's for the last several years and in my street Miata. Works great, no reason to over elaborate with more expensive materials.

Thanks for the purchase, enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts