ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Winning! Going to order soon as possible...

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Are all of these pointing up in the middle a bit? Every picture i've seen they're not straight across.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
okay everyone should have had these purchased and installed by now. Does anyone have any feedback on this splitter.? I'm trying to decide whether to get the radical or the regular splitter.

also would it be possible to attach the turnbuckles in front of the fog lights instead of the grill opening?

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
okay everyone should have had these purchased and installed by now. Does anyone have any feedback on this splitter.? I'm trying to decide whether to get the radical or the regular splitter.

also would it be possible to attach the turnbuckles in front of the fog lights instead of the grill opening?
IMHO the radical looks lightyears better then the normal one. The normal one just looks awkward and out of place if you ask me. I was going to buy this, but I'd rather make my own that's more durable/functional since these break pretty easy. I watch Stumpy's normal TD splitter shatter by hitting some ice.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IMHO the radical looks lightyears better then the normal one. The normal one just looks awkward and out of place if you ask me. I was going to buy this, but I'd rather make my own that's more durable/functional since these break pretty easy. I watch Stumpy's normal TD splitter shatter by hitting some ice.
I wouldn't say they break easy. In fact, they take tons of abuse. I have seen them break but it's pretty rare. I broke one myself but I was going backwards and off track at the time. :haiguyths: All the broken ones I've seen were from plowing the field at the track and the spoilers and air dams they were designed to protect, came away undamaged.

Hitting ice means the splitter was likely already in below freezing temps and just about any plastic will be more brittle in those temperature extremes. I shattered a GV lip in freezing weather.

We have sold quite a few (100+) of the Radical splitters for the MazdaSpeed, 99-00 Spoiler and 90-97 R-Pack spoiler. I have yet to hear of any customer complaints. In fact, I have yet to hear any customer complain about our splitters of which we've sold thousands. The only complaints I hear are from people who don't own them and complain about the design.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts