ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to give everyone a heads up on a new product we have.

It will be available to ship VERY soon. With in the week possibly. If you are interested, contact us directly as this item is not on our website.

Price is the same as the Radical lip for the 99-00 w/ factory air dam. $189.00

To be released soon, we also have a Radical lip for the 04-05 Mazdaspeed Miata. More details to come.

Still in development are splitters for the 2006+ MX-5 and the GV Lip for the 90-97.

Here are the pics of the Radical for the 90-97 R-Pkg Lip.

Front end

Front Quarter

Splitter Strut Close Up

Splitter Strut Full View

Side View

For the AutoXers here is a top down view.

It does stick out just a bit but unless you're running nationals, I doubt anyone will protest you.

Flush with the sides. What you see is a shadow. Not the splitter.

Another Strut photo. Production splitters will have the Track Dog Racing Logo laser etched into the strut arms and the splitter will be labeled like out other splitters.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Freaking awesome, I remember emailing you guys about the MSM one and you said it was in production. once an order form comes out I will be sending cash your way! can't wait haha

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
I cant tell if its the angle of the pic but it looks like its curved upwards a tiny bit in the one side angle shot. Is this supposed to be a functional piece or just for looks? Either way I think it looks pretty sharp for $190.
Well it appears to stick out far enough to be a good piece, as long as it goes under the car a good amount too.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Our splitters have always been a way to protect the front lips from scraping. This is their original purpose. So to answer your question, they are for looks at least in the original design. That being said, we do see downforce created with our splitters. Even more so with the Radical splitters. Keep in mind, a rear wing is recommended with the Radical splitter because it will make the rear end lighter.

Another consideration we have to make is how easy it is to ship. A one piece design that goes under the car would require a big box and big shipping price. That's not to say you couldn't extend it with ABS plastic yourself and tie into our splitter but for us, it isn't as easy to just make a large one piece splitter. We have to consider the ease of stocking and shipping such large items.

The Radical version came about to add some additional down force and well, it looks cool too! It is recommended for track use only because the struts can bend if you hit a curb. Our Extreme splitter is much more flexible because there are no struts.

To address extending the splitter under the car, we question the necessity. For one, we are not running high speed like a Corvette. We are hitting 90mph on the track, not 150mph. Secondly, we feel the stock belly pan provides more than adequate air flow under the car.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
There's a significant amount of downforce available that a wing is recommended? always figured it was mostly for scraping and looks, with a bit of downforce provided.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
There's a significant amount of downforce available that a wing is recommended? always figured it was mostly for scraping and looks, with a bit of downforce provided.
You need to read about splitters then.

·
Banned
478 Posts
I know this is mostly for looks, but it's easy to see you've put quite a bit of time into designing this piece.

I love how well developed the mounts look, as well as the amount it extends forward & their endpoints afront each wheel. definiately looks the part. kudos!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
You need to read about splitters then.
I understand how splitters work. I was surprised that such a small splitter, that isn't even the first point of contact for air hitting the car to create a significant amount of downforce that warrants a rear wing.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For track situations yes. On the street, probably wont make as big of a difference. This is a much larger splitter than our Extreme. The splitters will create down force and with the adjustable struts on the front you can have the splitter dip down some more. Try different angles with your hand out of a moving car. There is some force going on there and the back end can get light unless you have a trunk spoiler to balance it out. Again, this won't be as apparent on the street as it will going balls out on the track.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The Radical version came about to add some additional down force and well, it looks cool too! It is recommended for track use only because the struts can bend if you hit a curb. Our Extreme splitter is much more flexible because there are no struts.
Instead of struts, have you considered using thin, flexible metal wire or cables? That would allow more flex without either bending struts or busting the mounts they are attached to.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Instead of struts, have you considered using thin, flexible metal wire or cables? That would allow more flex without either bending struts or busting the mounts they are attached to.
It's been mentioned. No plans currently.

Damn, this is the splitter I've wanted for 10 years.
...and you're getting one. :D I'm going to do some fine tuning tomorrow to see what reinforcement if any is needed on the R-Pkg lip mounting.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts