ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI, KONIG just release some TE37 replicas as well to compete with ROTA.

sorry for the crappy pic...

time attack LOL

Size is 15x6.5 40off
14.5 lbs

ALso come in 16x7

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
thats pretty heavy for 15x6.5. Id consider a set for auto x or something if they were lighter. If i worked at Rays, Id walk over to Konig's facilities and punch the president right in the mouth for making a crumby half ass copy of my wheels.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
One other thought just came to my mind, I wouldnt be surpised if someone went and bought some rays stickers on ebay and then try to sell to someone as real. Im sure there would be a few people who have no idea and buy them.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Sure Rota and Konig had this style of knock-offs for years already. Only thing Konig did differently this time is that- notice none of the bolt holes line up with any spokes. That used to be the way to tell between a Rota Grid and a real TE37. So now Konig went and changed the drilling pattern to copy Volk more closely just so the bottomfeeders can fake it more convincingly.

You have to be suffering from low self esteem to want to buy these fakes. :roll:

·
Registered
592 Posts
After seeing those I'm soooo glad I forked out $1695 for real Time Attacks~ should be here tomorrow.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One other thought just came to my mind, I wouldnt be surpised if someone went and bought some rays stickers on ebay and then try to sell to someone as real. Im sure there would be a few people who have no idea and buy them.
sad to say but somebody actually asked me if I sell RAYS or VOLK stickers to put in on the Konig Heliums...

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Whenever a commodity is in demand and priced high there will be increased likelihood of counterfeits and replicas. Just look at fashion items like handbags that sell in boutiques for $2,000 and the fakes that sell on the street corner for $20. Generally if people are paying a premium they know why they are doing so. It's hard to have sympathy for someone silly enough to pay Volk TE37 prices for Konig/Rota replicas passed off as the real thing. Close up there are enough differences for even casual observers to tell the difference (even in isolation). The big problem with counterfeits are those parts that are so convincing they are passed off as the real thing like fake Takata harnesses and fake Raybestos brake pads that could have dire safety consequences.

·
Registered
592 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts