ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
hmm, weird.

That looks nearly identical to my bar, which I was told was a hard dog bar, but never got around to emailing pics to find out for sure.

I also have none of the seatbelt issues that I have seen in other cars with rollbars.

If you get the diagonal, be aware you will lose quite a bit of passenger seat travel.

EDIT...I was reading up on it, its very similar to my design, but pushed back farther.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,622 Posts
from your sig i say your bar is the autopower bar
IMHO, I doubt it. The rear supports are too big of an angle to be an Autopower. The main hoop also is vertical, something Autopowers do not do (why, I don't know).

I'm interested to see how this bar comes out. Definitely want to see installation pics. Generally, it's almost impossible to get a bar that is tall enough and far enough back to fit under a soft top if you are trying to scoot your seat back anywhere close to the rear bulkhead. It's been a cruel lesson I've learned with my HDHCDD :(

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i orderd the bar so when i get it ill install it and post pics

i know his bar isnt the BSP bar because ive seen one in person, doesnt look like that

im curious what he has now

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks like it would be a lot easier to install compared to their earlier roll bars. The hardcore I have had flanges that connect right behind the seats and it was PITA trying to make the holes and bolt them down.

Interested in seeing pics of it in a Miata :D

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I like it a lot, but I don't realy want to get rid of my Polished HDHCDD. But if I ever get another Miata I'll get that bar but with double diagonals.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I like that idea that it is supposed to sit a bit farther back. Thats about the only thing I hated about my old M2 Sport bar, too damn close to my head.

And if it really is easier to install, I just may pick on up down the road again, but only if its easier to install this time.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,622 Posts
really? because it installs like the deuce
what makes it harder then the other ones>?
I'm not entirely sure. My favorite Miata shop charges a decent bit higher in installation charges for that bar in particular, and my friend who runs the shop has mentioned that it is difficult at times. I'll have to ask them what about it is more difficult.

I'm interested to see how the bar comes out, but I do wonder if it will be as strong if it only really mounts (up front) on the package shelf.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts