ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I bought my first Miata last Sunday, its a 97' JR supercharged montego blue, 77k miles. I previously drove an automatic SC400, but now its time to have a little fun (this is my DD, so I need reliable fun). I have average, maybe slightly better than average mechanical knowledge (I'm an electrical engineer), but hoping to learn more from you guys as I make some mods.

I'm using it as a dd, so I need to raise it a bit (scrapes everywhere..) and make it a little quieter... I stuffed some towels under the trunk carpet which helped a bit with the exhaust sound. I'm considering adding some noise deadening too, though it sounds like the noise is mostly coming from the engine now.

Glad to join!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Welcome! Let me be the first to tell you, don't raise it. It looks fantastic right now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Actually it is a club rule. Any car lowered must maintain said lowered stasis when ownership transfer occurs--sorry we didn't make the rules.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome! Let me be the first to tell you, don't raise it. It looks fantastic right now.
Actually it is a club rule. Any car lowered must maintain said lowered stasis when ownership transfer occurs--sorry we didn't make the rules.
Nice car, stance looks great as it is. Even as a DD its no fun monster truckin' a Miata. :)
Welcome and enjoy your stay.
:lol: Thanks for the welcomes, I'll try living at this height, can't break rules! Theres also a tiny bit of a hiccup at ~4k RPM right now, not too sure from what yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome dude, I just got mine a month ago.
BTW, I saw one that's look like yours at DMV today....was that you?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dude... nice. Congrats on the buy. Love the wheels.

About the 4k hiccup, what kind of fuel management does your JRSC'd car have? The old school fuel pressure regulator, or a Powercard? Any other piggybacks (Sebring MSD timing retard box, knock box, anything like that?)

With the stock ECU and just a Powercard it should run smooth so if it doesn't there could be an issue... or it could just be your spark plugs (wrong heat range or gapped wrong)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome dude, I just got mine a month ago.
BTW, I saw one that's look like yours at DMV today....was that you?
Nah, I wasn't at DMV yesterday.

Dude... nice. Congrats on the buy. Love the wheels.

About the 4k hiccup, what kind of fuel management does your JRSC'd car have? The old school fuel pressure regulator, or a Powercard? Any other piggybacks (Sebring MSD timing retard box, knock box, anything like that?)

With the stock ECU and just a Powercard it should run smooth so if it doesn't there could be an issue... or it could just be your spark plugs (wrong heat range or gapped wrong)
Thanks!! I'm actually not sure.. I try to find out this weekend. Are stock injectors fine with the supercharger?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts