ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I painted up one of my buddies FC's like this, and im wondering how it would look on my car. I've been looking into automotive removable paints to do this... so the car would still be green under all that.

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
eh I dont like it as much personally as you scheme now, but I know everyone likes a change every now and then

·
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've always liked the ADVAN style.... if i were to do it... it'd be red and black. I want to try this paint and do what i have now... but with paint instead of vinyl... and use a brighter green :D

Eh... maybe someone at MONA will see it and like it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
dupicolor or something has this removable paint. it was on trucks from the spike channel. basically you spray it on and then use soap and water to take it off.. not a bad idea though

·
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
teh hawtness!!!!!

na, the stuff im looking at is all weather, lasts 3+years, can be washed and waxed... but removed very quickly with a special remover and soap and water.... and goes on with a automotive spraygun.

·
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nah, price of the paint is $20/quart. All in all, i can paint the car with 2 colors and clear for under $100.

I was even thinking painting the car black and doing either green or blue overlay in the pattern of what it is now.

·
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, i went and spoke with the company that makes the pain. Cool stuff for sure. I dont want to release too much about it (neither do they). But i can say that ANY color i want is possable and i saw the finished product and it looks just like factory quality paint when its done...waxable and all.

Removing it was a breeze too. They had a sample hood that was painted with 4 coats (2 color, 2 clear) 3 years ago, i put some remover on it and gave it a few minutes and it wiped right off!!!

Give me a few weeks to get all the supplies and i'll have the car done. I think im going to do the same thing i have now but with brighter green.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts