ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came across my desk this morning and thought it maybe of interest to a few members.

A new family of multipurpose double coated tapes deliver high strength bonding solutions.

St. Paul, Minn. ? 3MTM High Performance Double Coated Tapes with Adhesive 375 provide good initial adhesion and long-term bond to many materials including high and low surface energy substrates: painted and unpainted surfaces, stainless steel, glass, polycarbonate, polypropylene, ABS, wood, fabric, leather and more.

The adhesive is thicker and stickier than the average thin tape, offering a durable bond with high peel and shear strength and resistance to UV light, solvents, plasticizers, and high temperatures. In addition, the liners are color coded to differentiate the products and give easy recognition: the red liner indicates a clear product, the green print liner identifies the thickest product of the family, and the black print liner denotes easily hand tearable tape.

For more information, call 1-800-567-1639 ext. 5039, or visit www.3m.com/adhesives.

source http://www.mhmonline.com/viewProduct.asp?pID=1835

(I am not associated in any way with 3M)

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And a few High End AUDI's and BMW's

·
Registered
95 Posts
Actually there is some stuff called Rapic Tac (not sure who makes it) but it is used in vinyl decal application and it allows movement until pressure is applyied and then usually the adhesive will catch good enough until all of the "Rapic Tac" can dry (dry time depends on temperature and such but can be sped up by use of hair dryer, heat gun or propane tourch. I use this stuff at work all the time unfortunatly it kinda smells funny and usually the smell sticks with you for a couple of hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts