ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures here

I was excited about the car being a trim hatch instead of a sedan/wagon, but wow... did they ever **** it up. All this while Mitsubishi is finally taking the base Lancer seriously - the new one is a sharp car, almost looks like an Alfa-Romeo.

Looks like, if I need a practical car in the near future, I'll be getting an '06-'07 Impreza while I still can.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I can deal with everything except that grille (even tho the side profile SCREAMS mazda3 :| )

good thing is the aftermarket will fix the grille im sure. :)

-Jeremy

·
Registered
563 Posts
The front almost looks like the old ford crown vic.

And the side profile is definately Mazda3!!!

I have this theory that all the car manufacturers have a running bet to see who can make the ugliest new car.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
The front looks like a retarded ford falcon from the land down under. the estate model imprezas never sold well either, that wont change even if it does say WRX on it. I see a big flop coming.

And my dad wonders why I hate new cars. The styling department must have been sleeping or too lazy to come up with something new. Give me the old two door 22B anyday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's "ok." That's only because I personally love hatches (had a 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro).
OK is not something I would want to hear from the general public if I was coming out with an update of a passionately loved model line.
Would I buy it? No. An aftermarket 06-07 Wagon? Yes.
About the grill... really Subaru? Really?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Hmm, are we sure that's the version that s coming over here? Sometimes, Europe gets different versions cause hatches sell better over there.
If thats the European version then the US one will be even more revolting.

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
It's better looking than any of the previous WRX's, that's for sure

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
What wierds me out is that I love the formfactor of "WRX: The Hatchback", but I hate the front rear.

I also hate the 06/07 front on the sedans. I'll buy a saabaru before I buy an 06/07.

... but put the 06-07 front on the 08 Hatchie and i'm all "Where do I put my pre-order in?"

Swiped the image from NASIOC; LMK if it errors on the non-cached hotlink.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts