ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Got another Miata after a few year absense from the scene - had some job-related issues that kept me from playing with sports cars, so I took a break and was tinkering with a Volks-rod (Ghia in the background of one pic) for a while. Now my job situation is better but my spare time went to nil (Full-time engineer + part time grad student = :?), so I picked up something that won't be terribly time consuming to play with.
Previously, I've had quite a few sports/sporty cars. I've been autocrossing for about 8 years off and on and done a couple stints of 24 Hours of Lemons in our beat and rusty 98 Golf. Other fun cars I've had > Talon TSI AWD, Zenki 240SX (favorite/longest held), Civic Si sedan, 99 NB, etc. Aside from cars, I like Kayaking, hiking, and working on our house, which we got a few years ago.
Enough about me, here's the car. She's a 94 A-pkg with 112k. Bought from the second owner, who had it from 36k/1997 and garage kept it. Never seen winter, always taken care of. Stock except some no name coilover springs (going away soon) and a open element air filter. No stone chips, no rust, few dings - overall a pretty pristine example of a 17 year old car.
Plans for now are to drive the piss out of it, hit some autox's and a few track days so I can decide what I want to do with it. Lot of choices (4 hill climbs, several autox's, and a couple major raceways within 2 hours of here). Definitely getting springs, sways, and a hard dog roll bar. Got a set of 15x7 kosei k1 ts's w/ worn but driveable azenis to throw on it from a guy in NJ. Would love a turbo, but time and money aren't there just yet. We'll see where things go.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys!

It sounds really clean, nice find! Welcome back to ownership and to CR.

Chris
Yeah, I was surprised to find a 17 year old car in PA that wasn't covered with rust, stone chips, etc. It has a few dings on the hood/fender, most look like a result of items being dropped on it while in a garage. Sadly she's in the garage til spring for now, and I'm left counting the days until the roads are clear again...but once it gets nice, we'll be back out there in force.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where at in pa?
I'm in Mountain Top, right in the middle between Wilkes Barre and Hazleton. How about you? I see a surprising number of miatas around here with roll bars, wheels, etc., and if there's a group around here I'd love to get involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts