ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard about this site on roadsterdrift so made my way over here. Never registered until now so I guess this is my chance to introduce myself. I'm Phil and I'm from Chicago and I drive a 91 miata in the process of a 1.8 swap.

Stance coilovers, Level7Tune tie rod spacers, Harddog hardcore roll bar, Cusco RS 2way LSD, Sportmax wheels, R package front lip, Hawk Plus's, etc etc.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow! That's a perfect stance (pardon the pun) :D Very nice.

BTW what do the tie rod spacers do?

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
nice car post pics of your swap!!!

also if you need some help with the swap i am almost done with mine so if you have some questions let me know!

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Those wheels are looking very sweet.

·
OG Member
583 Posts
VERY nice roadster! I have a Classic Red with Sportmax also. Being that low, do you drive it daily?

·
OG Member
583 Posts
By the way, what size tires are you running?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Babalouie - tie rod spacers give the car more steering angle

noah - awesome, if i run into any problems, i'll be the first to ask ya! right now i'm just patiently waiting for the FM swap kit which is on backorder becase of the throttle body adaptor

Red Obsession - yes sir daily driven, and the streets here in chicago suck. I actually plan on going just a tad bit lower up front when i change to a 195/45 toyo t1r, and going a little bit lower in the rear as well once the new Stance tophats come in. Right now im running 195/50 Falken512's all around and i am just begging for more front grip.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the bumpstops come precut, didn't remove collar, i just lowered spring all the way and even though i've lost some travel, they still ride unbelievable

i cant wait for the tophats which i believe are 35mm front and 50mm rear so uber dumpage + no loss of travel = yay!!!

and no bbq burgers this week, my moms cooked up some chicken teriyaki and beef teriyaki for the week muhaha

·
Registered
4 Posts
im new to clubroadster. some of you guys have seen me at the KINOD, i had the video camera. im still in the process of getting my miata, but hopefullyi have her soon.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
possibility it could have been tire too

when i was on my 13x8 rotas with 195/60's sumitumos there was a lot of bounce like the tire had a built in suspension, put some more psi in the tires and it felt slightly better but still lots of bounce.

when i had robs 16x8 16x7 te37's with i think 205/40 azenis, car felt solid, rebound and settled very nicely

even with my 15x8 sportmax's with 195/50 falken 512's, car feels solid

1 - 20 of 26 Posts