ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Cool. It was fun watching the development process. I enjoy seeing someone follow their dream to the end and achieve success. Emilio was so obsessive about the details. That's a good price, too. I'd like to see what they look like installed.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember seeing the original post way back when and not being too impressed, and thinking that they'd never actually get completed but here they are looking much better than anticipated.

·
Registered
459 Posts
second that! i was keeping a good eye on the developements and have to say that i'm impressed. it looks a lot better than expected, but again, i want to see them mounted on an NA first-classic red on black-slammed!

price is competitive too--have to wait and see

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
<<<---thats my car LOL, I went by emilios yesterday to do some test fitting. He only had one of each wheel hence the fotochop but for me the +20 was nicest.

·
Highly Esteemed Supporter
449 Posts
I sent Emilio some pics of my '01 Silver so he could 'chop a couple of "What if..." views. I'm leaning towards the Black. Any thoughts?

The other concern, is what tires to use? I've really grown fond of the Goodyear F1GSD3s (I'm on my 3rd set!), but they don't make them in 205/50/15. I think I have a little too much power to drop to the 195/50/15.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Wow- he really pulled it off! And it's an all original design too.

By the way he is describing it, it seems like the +20 offset wheel will not have any more lip than the +40 offset though. That's the problem with a 1piece catsing. Unless he made 2 different castings, one for each offset.

The weight sounds a little optimistic. Something tells me there will be a 'correction' come production time...

·
3,857 Posts
I agree it sucks that the lip is the same...but I don't think that the weight is off

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Wow- he really pulled it off! And it's an all original design too.

By the way he is describing it, it seems like the +20 offset wheel will not have any more lip than the +40 offset though. That's the problem with a 1piece catsing. Unless he made 2 different castings, one for each offset.

The weight sounds a little optimistic. Something tells me there will be a 'correction' come production time...
its really no different from putting a spacer on the hub. besides these wheels design as "go" before "show"

emilio talked about adding a lip would add weight. all purpose designed.

btw he might condier 13x8 down the road. ***might***

·
Registered
211 Posts
right.. he added meat to the hub mating surface to make the +20.

I'm probably down for a set of nickel on my black 01. they're just to wide and light to pass up.

·
Highly Esteemed Supporter
449 Posts
So I ask again, any recommendations on tires? I've surfed the TireRack & Discounttire web sites for the 225/40/15 size & come up empty handed (excluding the Competition Hoosiers & Avon). The Avon 245/40/15 CR500 doesn't show up on any US site that I've found. I haven't heard much about the Hankook RS2. When I was considering the Chapparal, I'd decided on the 205/50/15 Khumo MX, although my heart is really yearning for the same sized F1GSD3.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd go with those Hankook RS2s for street use. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Emillio is selling them mounted and balanced on the wheels for $488 extra for the 225/45-15

1 - 20 of 22 Posts