ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
I'm not a super huge fan of the smooth lip - they'd look better with the stepped lip, but still....hot as ****.

Considering purchase. Who makes them?

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gross??? No way these are sweet Linh. Much better than a Watanabe knock off....j/k :lol:

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Personally, I don't care. I like wheels because of how they look, and how heavy they aren't. I don't like wheels simply because they're Volks, or they're Works. Who gives a ****? If you can buy knock offs that look just as good then hell, you'd be an idiot to fork out the extra cash just for a name. #-o

It's like kids that wear ONLY Abercrombie or whatever. It's EXACTLY like that.

·
Registered
592 Posts
[offtopic]The problem I see~, and it may just I am overly sensetive to it but how are wheel knock offs and interior bit knock offs OK, but body kits are verboten?[/offtopic]

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
It's like kids that wear ONLY Abercrombie or whatever. It's EXACTLY like that.
No, not exactly. There's more to wheels than just looks and weight. A lot more. You might not care about those other things or you might prioritize them differently, but some people do care and place a very high value on them. Some people ARE label whores. Nothing wrong with that. Replicas suit some people's needs/desires and that's that.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Offtopic: The problem I see~, and it may just I am overly sensetive to it but how are wheel knock offs and interior bit knock offs OK, but body kits are verboten?
I never said that - mainly because I despise most body kits in general whether they're original or knock-offs.

EDIT: I got post ninja'd

·
Registered
484 Posts
i concur with freedomgli, if they are super heavy it's not for me =(

but where do i buy? i would get a set of those black ones on my black miata =D

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
i have no problem with people that buy knock-offs. i can totally understand that people have budgets. where i have problems with it is when people buy knock-offs like every two months, then build up a huge knock off collection. like six to seven sets of knock offs. so each set is about 400usd+ around 300usd for tires, thats 700usd spent on each set. multiply that by the six or seven sets they have, thats 4200 for 6 sets and 4900 for 7 sets. where the hell is the budget you are trying to accommodate in those numbers!

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm trying to get my hands on a set. As soon as I get a price/distributor ,we'll see if they are worth it. If they try to sell them like the axis olskool price, i will probably not buy them. But if they are around the sportmax pricing, then you will see them at KINOD very soon. Tax refund in hand and ready to spend.

Knock off or not these are sweet.

BTW, can you still buy the real ones new? or is it only found(if your lucky) used?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hahaha..same ol ****.
Label whore=attention whore, same diff.

Run whatever wheel you like.

These really dont trip my trigger but I could give a flying crow crap who/what theyre copies of...or if they are. Hell, half the wheels touted as 'originals' ARENT!

Anyway..if you like em go for it....rock em.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts