ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
at first glance i thought it was rusman's car. and judging by the title i thought it was too. didnt he just change to red sportmax wheels recently? lol.

looks good thought!

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Nice job w/ the DIY restoration! Did you do the restoration with the tires mounted like that?

How much did it cost for the powder-coating, etc?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leave it boltless
bad idea on so many levels on a 2 piece wheel

Nice job w/ the DIY restoration! Did you do the restoration with the tires mounted like that?

How much did it cost for the powder-coating, etc?
nope, i just had the tires mounted after i finished with polishing and painting.

they aren'y powder coated they're ghetto rattle can painted for now. im still not sure if i wanna keep them red, i might go full polish(lower grit w/ a more dull polish for a raw aluminum look) or possibly powder coated blue or red. i just needed to mount these tires because the 16 inch tires i have are trashed.

after i buy my next set of wheels i'll get these done over again.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just made me wet my pants 0_0..........hehe.........where did you get those at? I've always seen them on rbmotoring, and never liked them, but after seeing yours, I'm speechless......................explain the restoration process?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just made me wet my pants 0_0..........hehe.........where did you get those at? I've always seen them on rbmotoring, and never liked them, but after seeing yours, I'm speechless......................explain the restoration process?
haha... i bought them from rbmotoring.

as for the process...

i removed all of the bolts from the wheels, stripped the paint from the wheels, wet sanded and prepped the lips. i started off with 220 and moved up to 2000 grit then i polished them with mothers polish(the black case... DON'T USE THE RED CAN). for the face of the wheels i wetsanded with 220, 340, and finally 400 grit sandpaper. then i masked the lip, primered the face and sprayed them. the paint didn't come out all that well but i chock that up to not taking my time with the prep work because the lips are immaculate(took my time) and most of the other stuff i've painted has come out well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts