ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New set of wheels just came in! :D Just want to get your opinion on which tire i should get? Front wheel specs are 15x7 +23 offset while rears are 15 x 8 +23 offset, both O disc. My tire choice is Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 195/50/15 for both front and rear (stretched rear tires) OR Bridgestone Potenza G3 195/50/15 fronts and 205/50/15 rear (a little stretched too but wheel diameters would be just about the same.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Very nice! I thought you already had a set of silver/black Work Eqiups? What made you buy another set?

Oh yeah 195 stretched would look good :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. Yup they're work equips. Just thought i'd get another set jesse. It has a different fitment anyway. Wider lip. Nope i don't plan on putting flares, maybe roll the rear fenders. Neovas only come in 195/50/15 and 195/55/15 sizes here.

·
Registered
459 Posts
i personaly prefer falken azenis sport... dunno the cost of the new version compared to neovas...but it was the tire of choice other than the kumho slicks used for autox. try ur comparisons...but i loved the performance of azenis(warm)and it was dollar for dollar the best i've tried when it was $70ea.

but dicker also has a point... if u run those said tires...the rears will be a shorter tire than the front.

·
Registered
459 Posts
hope this helps.
195/50=97.5mm sidewall height
195/55=107.25mm
205/50=102.5mm

just some #s to consider... ask other forum members experienced with streched tires. maybe they can calculate the tire height loss on an tire mounted on a rim thats one inch over in width. that way you can match ur stagger fitment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
renesis, thanks a lot for the info on side wall height. but i'm more interested on overall diameter of a stretched 195/55 (mounted on a 15x8). or maybe a 205/50 on same width rim.

dicker i think toyo T1Rs are not available here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got the time to have them installed. Went with the Bridgestone G3s.
Enjoy the pics.. :D

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
WOW!!!! i LOVE your color Miata, that is a sick ass car, ohhhhhhhhh noooo Mazdaspeed parts, must turn away, dont look........ ahhhh too late!

Mazdaspeed........... A-SPEC

Maaaaazdaseeeed..... muuuust resist........... cannnnnnnnnt lookkkkkk JDM overload.................. :shock:

:shock: brainwash complete....... i have be assimilated :shock:

Type2 wing
QEP5 70 900
QEP5 50 910

must conform to JDM :shock:

PhatMiata
Resistance is Futile :shock:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts