ClubRoadster.net banner

1381 - 1400 of 5264 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I thought some of the NA's came with torsen too. From a durability standpoint, the viscous doesn't compared to the torsen at all. People have destroyed the viscous with the stock 1.6, while torsens are known to handle some insane turbo power.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I thought some of the NA's came with torsen too. From a durability standpoint, the viscous doesn't compared to the torsen at all. People have destroyed the viscous with the stock 1.6, while torsens are known to handle some insane turbo power.
This might help. Does this guy have a turbo ? Also he never posted what year his car was so I have no idea

http://miataturbo.wikidot.com/differential

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Turbo isn't relevant, just saying, the viscous has been known to **** the bed from stock 1.6 power. While theres lots of cases of torsens handling power levels way over stock. Which demonstrate superior durability.

Torsen maybe a few hundred more now. But it has nothing to wear out, and it's almost unheard of for it to break at either stock, or even over stock power levels. That said in the long run, a torsen is a better investment, and one less thing to worry about.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Couldn't make it to last night's meet.. but am planning on being in Greenpoint where I have access to a lift Sunday morning to install frame rails on my car. Anyone interested in a mini-tech meet?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just got back in from installing frame rails on the car. There is a big ass difference in how the car feels going over bumps. The shuddering I'd felt sans hardtop is practically gone and now it seems the hardtop itself rattles a bit more due to increased structural rigidity. Very happy with the improvement and have to thank you guys for insisting I get them, B-Mar for the awesome deal and bubb for help with the install - Thanks mates!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
^ told you they were amazing. To bad you get used to them, and start being more sensitive to other things that are still floppy. I want fender braces and seem welded door jams now.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Glad your enjoying them Umar. I am sure they came in handy today when I won 1st place in my class by .02 seconds!

I cant wait until garage star finishes their fender braces.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Glad your enjoying them Umar. I am sure they came in handy today when I won 1st place in my class by .02 seconds!

I cant wait until garage star finishes their fender braces.
me too, but seems like they're slacking on this one and working on the rice parts projects first.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Huge SCCA autocross event this Sunday at the Coliseum! I am going to be the event chair and will have a special award at the end of the day.

Come and drive or come and watch. For drivers, I will be instructing and you can get rides in your own car or mine! FUN!

Please pre-register online if you even have the smallest inclination of going. Link:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...EF542A0892929E

Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
snot that serious.........snot.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Oh man drove through the heavy ass rain from JFK to Manhattan yesterday with no A/C. **** THAT. Hour and half in the crazy downpour = a very unhappy Chris needing to alternate between blasting heat on windshield and quickly blasting cool air at my face and arms with the window open wide most the time. Nearly drowned the car near Laguardia College.
Not ever gonna do that again. At least not without A/C. What a crazy experience yesterday.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Huge SCCA autocross event this Sunday at the Coliseum! I am going to be the event chair and will have a special award at the end of the day.

Come and drive or come and watch. For drivers, I will be instructing and you can get rides in your own car or mine! FUN!

Please pre-register online if you even have the smallest inclination of going. Link:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...EF542A0892929E

Hope to see you there.
I will be there to support my buddy vasken. I hope to see some CR guys out their auto crossing as well. : 3gears:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Your face is SNOT so serious! Matter fact, your face is just SNOT.

Boatshoes, sorry to hear. Good luck finding what you need. How did it happen?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I work at JFK, and the hour that I leave has very few cars on the air port grounds making it my own personal Nurburgring. Got out of work early, top down was really cranking it threw a "25" mph turn had just a little to much confidence in my "all season" tires. Now the passenger front tire is about 2mm away from the inside fender bolts.

1381 - 1400 of 5264 Posts