ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Just found the forum. I have a 92 miata that desperately needs painted. It has the white paint disease. Anyway attached are a couple of pics of the "good" side (it's the best I have now, until i get it painted in the spring).

Attachments

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Yokoso! :mrgreen: We are Club RoadSter

Very interesting about the paint problems, i thought only the 91 Crystal Whites had that flaking skin problem? My 91 white had it really bad, combine that with the bent crank, and ripped top, she was a nice one to go SpecMiata. Anyhow, you have come to the right place, we will hook you up and get that Roadster running good, and looking sharp once again! If you have questions about your car, or anyone elses just chime in!

PhatMiata 8)

"YOKOSO" means "Welcome"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I've read most of the <93 white miata's had the white paint disease. Pretty much everytime I tape my number on the side when I autocross the paint comes with the number when I pull it off. Oh well, I'm planing on painting it this year. This will most likely be my last summer driving the car the way it is. After this autocross season I want to pull the engine and rebuild it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I grew up a couple valleys down from you in Ringtown. One summer I even worked at the Weis in Bloomsburg.

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
What color you getting yours repainted. I went color shopping today, and i have decided on Subaru's Satin White Pearl that i saw on a 2005 Legacy. I think its white and pearly, with just the right hint of blue, and barely any yellow like most pearls out there.

Then again... im striping mine as well with Subaru STI Obsidian Black Pearl for the Left Stripe and Subaru WR Blue Pearl for the Right Stripe.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What color you getting yours repainted. I went color shopping today, and i have decided on Subaru's Satin White Pearl that i saw on a 2005 Legacy. I think its white and pearly, with just the right hint of blue, and barely any yellow like most pearls out there.

Then again... im striping mine as well with Subaru STI Obsidian Black Pearl for the Left Stripe and Subaru WR Blue Pearl for the Right Stripe.

-Jeremy
Well since I pretty much have to go down to bare metal anyway to get as much of the crap primer off, I'm going to go with a color similar to the 99 10AE, with a heavier blue flake though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well since I pretty much have to go down to bare metal anyway to get as much of the crap primer off, I'm going to go with a color similar to the 99 10AE, with a heavier blue flake though.
You probably won't have to go down to bare metal. As long as the primer is sticking it is ok to paint over. When I repainted mine I scraped all the white paint off (it came off pretty easily with a heat gun and paint scraper) then I sanded the primer and put a sealing primer over it then painted. I was originally gonna go to bare metal but after trying to get the primer off with paint stripper I found out that it's on there pretty good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts